Found this 04 on eBay, what do you think?

jrg718

Established Member
So, I'm in the market for an 04 cobra, preferably stock, and I stumbled upon this link car on ebay a few days ago.
Ford : Mustang Ford : Mustang | eBay

From my inexperienced point of view this car looks beautiful, perfect, and a great deal for the mileage. But from what I've seen these cars are usually in the 25,000$++ range with these miles and stock.

What is wrong with this car that the starting bid is so low with no reserve?
Can anyone see anything that I can't see? :shrug:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
sure looks stock to me, besides those cobra floor mats. engine bay looks stock but does have what appears is a newer bxt59 battery (the original ones had a "life" monitor window). the tires look like the showroom factory goodyears to me

nice car from the internet pics

edit - ac knobs look changed

Last edited:

jrg718

Established Member
Bidding goes nuts at the end. The owner also has a White with red striped Shelby GT-500.

Yeah, it usually does. But still having no reserve on the car can be risky. I just got off the phone with the owner and he said he bought it from a dealership and can't remember the name offhand but will email a carfax report and the dealer name to me later when he gets home. He only had the car for a month so maybe I'll call the dealer and someone might remember it and give me a little information on it.

dom418

Established Member
That cobra was just sold by a Mazda dealer in oak lawn maybe 2 months ago. I think they had it listed for $27k. Aside from some interior cosmetic changes like silver AC knobs, the car looked all stock from what I remember. It originally came from joe rizza ford in oak lawn, look at the window sticker. Weird how he just bought it out of state and now selling a month or two later

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
car looks really good! its only at $20k right now. still has a day left, so you know its going to go up more though.

me personally...i would almost be scared to buy a 7 - 8 year old car with only 6k miles on it. as long as i knew for sure that the car had infact just been garaged its whole life, and never tracked i'd prob feel a little better about it...but still...for some reason, that low of mileage kind of scares me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks really nice. Price is now at $20,100. It will likely go a bit higher. With a car like this with low, low miles it isn't a huge risk starting the bidding low. That is done sometimes to garner interest. Still can be a risk, though. Sometimes a seller will state that the auction may be cancelled if the car is sold outside eBay. I have to believe some state that to protect themselves IF the bidding doesn't get high enough on a no-reserve auction. I'd say this is definitely one to watch, and hope that the bidding doesn't go too high, which happens sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread