Freak of the Week Blower w/ VIDEO

Turbo Kyle

Established Member
This is an old school blower. Word has it they only sold 50 of them. This is the second on we have seen in the shop. Remember Stiegemeier's Porting service is an Autorized Eaton re-manufacturer (one of the very few). We are here for all of your supercharger rebuilds and upgrades.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eq4_QDVw78"]YouTube - Freak of the Week Video 1[/nomedia]

Finished Video [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEh1SJKpUg"]YouTube - SVODone[/nomedia]
Before Pics

211_1320.jpg

211_1319.jpg

211_1318.jpg

Picture Update 1-5-11

SVO4.jpg

SVO3.jpg

SVO2.jpg

SVO1.jpg

Last edited:

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Got some questions being I'm the main guy that has messed with these over on the bird forum, and yes 50 is what I was sold in production, I've prolly had my hands on 10 of them, was the complete inlet opened and will it except a 75mm throttle body know cause it would only accept a 70 stock, the back inlet pics look good, is there any out let work gonna be done near the triangle, also will there be flow testing on this unit from before to after? Cause I've got a bunch of customer with this blower and I could be pulling them off and send them to you please let me know

Thanks
Robert

Turbo Kyle

Established Member
Got some questions being I'm the main guy that has messed with these over on the bird forum, and yes 50 is what I was sold in production, I've prolly had my hands on 10 of them, was the complete inlet opened and will it except a 75mm throttle body know cause it would only accept a 70 stock, the back inlet pics look good, is there any out let work gonna be done near the triangle, also will there be flow testing on this unit from before to after? Cause I've got a bunch of customer with this blower and I could be pulling them off and send them to you please let me know

Thanks
Robert

We didnt flow test this blower. I would imagine Bob could accommodate for a 75mm TB. Bob welded something on the corner...I guess they leak or something at the rear water jacket the customer asked to have it done. Ill get some pics for you. If you like give us a call at the shop! 636-949-2275

And yes he did some work on the triangle. :beer:

Last edited:

cableguyjjs3

Established Member
The pics look great, and the work looks fantastic, I can't wait to see how it will perform. For those interested, that is my blower, and it will be finding it way onto my car here shortly. The car is a 97 T-Bird Sport original 4.6 car. Last year I removed the stock engine and trans and swapped in a Teksid short block with a Cobra crank and 11cc pistons. ARP head and main studs, on top it got PnP PI heads with upgraded valve springs, aftermarket valves and Comp 270 cams. With a compression ratio of roughly 10.5:1 this will be an interesting build for sure. A meth kit will be use to cool it all down and make it work properly. and yes when the motor went in I did convert the car to a 5-speed with a custom hydraulic clutch system, 11" Centerforce DFX clutch, custom 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and a 98 Mustang T-45. As for the rest if the car 1.5" drop all around, hub swapped to Mustang specs with stock Cobra brakes all around, 98 Cobra wheels, all aluminum Cobra trak-loc pumpkin with 3.73 gears. The car is a heck of a lot is fun with the N/A motor in it now, it ought to be a blast with the blower. Also I can link to the dyno sheet if anyone wants to see it but it put 259hp/295tq at the rear wheels. Thanks for the interest guys, I can keep you posted as the build progresses if anyone would like. Jim

Turbo Kyle

Established Member
The pics look great, and the work looks fantastic, I can't wait to see how it will perform. For those interested, that is my blower, and it will be finding it way onto my car here shortly. The car is a 97 T-Bird Sport original 4.6 car. Last year I removed the stock engine and trans and swapped in a Teksid short block with a Cobra crank and 11cc pistons. ARP head and main studs, on top it got PnP PI heads with upgraded valve springs, aftermarket valves and Comp 270 cams. With a compression ratio of roughly 10.5:1 this will be an interesting build for sure. A meth kit will be use to cool it all down and make it work properly. and yes when the motor went in I did convert the car to a 5-speed with a custom hydraulic clutch system, 11" Centerforce DFX clutch, custom 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and a 98 Mustang T-45. As for the rest if the car 1.5" drop all around, hub swapped to Mustang specs with stock Cobra brakes all around, 98 Cobra wheels, all aluminum Cobra trak-loc pumpkin with 3.73 gears. The car is a heck of a lot is fun with the N/A motor in it now, it ought to be a blast with the blower. Also I can link to the dyno sheet if anyone wants to see it but it put 259hp/295tq at the rear wheels. Thanks for the interest guys, I can keep you posted as the build progresses if anyone would like. Jim

Hey dude, we got you all hooked up. New video here

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEh1SJKpUg"]YouTube - SVODone[/nomedia]

cableguyjjs3

Established Member
Kyle, I have already linked this thread over on TCCoA so thats taken care of. Thanks again for the great work and the fast turnaround, can't wait to get this thing back. For those that wanted pics, here are a few, enjoy and thanks for the compliments.

46Motor020.jpg

46Motor012.jpg

46Motor040.jpg

46Motor046.jpg

46Motor108.jpg

46Motor077.jpg

Faith0012.jpg

Turbo Kyle

Established Member
Post pics here when you get the blower on :D. Let us know if you need anything! Your motor looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread