Friends just dont understand!!

Taz

Established Member
Lots of car snobs out there.

Just let 'em be and try not to be one.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
It has been my experience not to try to defend your car. Just let them have their fun while boosting their ego's mocking the "little guy and his Mustang" :nonono: It is best just to smile, maintain your composure and say nothing. Then add icing to the cake and compliment their expensive hardware, ask questions and say nothing about yours! (if they ask make it short, be vague and quickly change the subject).

This is how I have LIVED my car hobbyist life. :rockon:

The most I've ever said to someone i dont know is "yeah its a fun toy" and, "she does OK".

Let the ignorant ones who dont want to learn.......learn. The hard, humiliating way.

:beer:

Digital

Established Member
I've lost the "sleeper" aspect with my huge ass tires and aluminum rims but I still take people by surprise. Especially bikes. Cocky guys in 750s or 1000s that get passed up are the best. When they turn their helmet you can just picture the look on their face.
I think for me most people know the huge tires mean business so they are expecting something crazy already. But you get some guys that think 500rwhp is as "fast as it gets" and they've blown their check for years on their shit box then you put an exit on them and they have the "entire life evaluation" face for a few days, which is priceless.

Most everyone around here knows my car but you get to make a believer out of someone who doesn't believe the hype every now and then and it's sooo worth it.

Last edited:

recalcitrant

Established Member
Have you all owned both? Like Jimmy said. Each car has it's pluses and minuses. And BTW, a 997 S is not $100K car any more. I paid 40K for mine. A non S is about 30K. Just $3K more than what many pay for there Terminators that are older than the 997. So, for the money, it's a lot of car, just like and 03 or 04. Not everybody is stupid enough to buy them new. I agree there are some dickhead P drivers out there. Don't lump us all in. I still love the terminators, but each has it's highlights. It is possible to like ALL great cars!

mach1033

Established Member
I've lost the "sleeper" aspect with my huge ass tires and aluminum rims but I still take people by surprise. Especially bikes. Cocky guys in 750s or 1000s that get passed up are the best. When they turn their helmet you can just picture the look on their face.
I think for me most people know the huge tires mean business so they are expecting something crazy already. But you get some guys that think 500rwhp is as "fast as it gets" and they've blown their check for years on their shit box then you put an exit on them and they have the "entire life evaluation" face for a few days, which is priceless.

Most everyone around here knows my car but you get to make a believer out of someone who doesn't believe the hype every now and then and it's sooo worth it.

Do you hang out at the Tower's up in Davie? I'm heading down there come April. I would like to check out your car if you dont mind?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Have you all owned both? Like Jimmy said. Each car has it's pluses and minuses. And BTW, a 997 S is not $100K car any more. I paid 40K for mine. A non S is about 30K. Just $3K more than what many pay for there Terminators that are older than the 997. So, for the money, it's a lot of car, just like and 03 or 04. Not everybody is stupid enough to buy them new. I agree there are some dickhead P drivers out there. Don't lump us all in. I still love the terminators, but each has it's highlights. It is possible to like ALL great cars!

The P drivers that are the real deal are a ball to hang out with!:rockon::beer:
After a few sessions in intermediate group several came over to talk and check out my car. They wanted to find out what was done to it, to make it such a stereo type breaker. It was a very fun group and they were fun at the dinner they invited me to also.

My brother is an Early911S and an RGruppe guy and he invited me to the 2010 "Rally in the Valley" in Virginia. I have to tell you those RGruppe guys were a freaking BLAST to hang out with.:rockon::beer:

Real car guys transcend their favorite brands and will revel in the bench racing and the various discussions regardless of their brand preferences. You just have to find them.

By experimenting with the different car activities that are available, you will find the right guys, with "the right stuff".

SlowSVT

Established Member

There are always exceptions. The OP was referring to ignorant ego driven people who don't really know cars but pretend to. I use to work at a Porsche dealer. They are amazing cars especially when you hang a turbo on one :uh oh: In a cornering dual I would just concede defeat and save on the gas and tires.

Digital

Established Member
Do you hang out at the Tower's up in Davie? I'm heading down there come April. I would like to check out your car if you dont mind?

Ya I go there a few weekends out of the month. I hope my cars back up before april lol, so sure thing.

svtscott01

Established Member
Some awesome responses guys thanks. Regardless of what the say I LOVE MY COBRA! When I was in highschool the only car I wanted was the 5.0 and I got one. Years later when the terminator came out same deal but this one took me alot longer to get (having a wife to convince etc). She thinks it looks pretty but the power aspect means nothing to her(the maxima she drives scares her). When I felel that torque and her the blower whine there is no question I made the right choice!

04cobrawhine

Established Member
i got a few "friends" like that. ones got a POS audi s4, another has a 08 G37 and andother has an m3. they all think they are the shit and american cars suck blablabla. they dont realize id walk all over them.

Users who are viewing this thread