Front end clunking noise

cbarile

Established Member
i had a very similar problem.with my 2007 that has full steeda suspension. The problem turned out to be the bolt on the top of the tokico D spec front passenger shock was loose. I torqued the bolt and no more noise.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
500 miles ago I installed the replacement -B mounts on my GT500 with Steeda Competition springs. The ride is better than stock and noise free. No more clunking and the front end is dead silent, the way it should have been from the factory. I also carefully disassembled the new mounts before installation and added a lot of extra water resistant grease to the bearings. I have no doubts that this mount will last a long time.

Just wondering if all is still good with the "B" mounts? Tousley lists your p/n 8R3Z-18183-B as GT Mustang mounts.

Debating on going with the "C" mounts.

Last edited:

dangle

Established Member
I noticed mine is making the clunking noise on my 07 gt500 with 20k miles... what part number should I use on the strut mounts?

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I am really glad you brought this old thread up! I replaced the front control arms because Iwas having serious clunking noise during turns (an '08). The shop told me they were completely wore out. The noise is better but stil there. I am going to order the strut mounts and the way I read this is to use the M-18183-C - GT500 Upper Strut Mounts, Pair. BMR has them for $109.

Users who are viewing this thread