FS: SRA 99-04 MM Torque Arm Package (Heavy Duty)

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Intended for SRA Cobra, and may interest current SRA Cobra owner.....

Items are New and in their original Box, and Ive attached a picture of the invoice.

MMInvoice.jpg

Ordered 6 months ago, but never installed: Im going to stick with a drag set-up.

Link to Item for Sale:

Torque-arm Package, 1999-04 Mustang GT, Heavy-Duty Torque-arm, without rear lower control arms [MMTASS-7H] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

PRICE: $750 OBO

Located in Fayetteville, NC

Panhard Bar Tech
The Root of the Problem
Solid-axle-equipped Mustangs were manufactured with a four-link rear suspension design that requires the rear upper control arms to do two jobs. One job is to locate the axle laterally. Unfortunately, compromises in the design of the Mustang four-link prevent the rear axle from being precisely located. The axle will shift from side-to-side by up to 2 inches. This inconsistent movement of the rear axle causes a rear-steer effect.

Rear-steer means that the rear of the car is steering itself, without any steering input from the driver. This rear-steer behavior makes the car unstable, and requires corrective action by the driver. This can make the driver feel very uncomfortable, as they do not have complete control of the rear of the car. While that four-link design might be suitable for a commuter car, it cannot provide the handling prowess expected of a high performance vehicle.

The Solution
The MM Panhard Bar adds an aluminum rod as a lateral suspension link between the rear axle and the chassis. This simple design precisely controls the side-to-side location of the axle to eliminate rear steer. The unstable and unpredictable feeling typically associated with the Mustang four-link suspension is gone, making your car safer and easier to drive!

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Yaadman: I'm not totally opposed to separating, but I'd rather keep it together (especially since it's already packaged that way). Ill stay in touch, and if I have to split it I'll let you know.

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
I currently run this set up and i'm very pleased with it. even for drag racing it drastically dropped my 60ft times!!!! Free bump for a great set up!

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Crap, exactly what I need, I am just not ready to buy! Not to mention I am from Fayetteville and headed through there this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread