Fuel Rails

shb5007

Established Member
Over the winter I will be installing aftermarket fuel rails on my Cobra (with stock fuel lines). Can anyone help me with what fittings I will need?

TRBO VNM

If you are still using returnless, assume you are since you mention stock lines, then you need 4 rail fittings. One would be a plug, the other three would be whatever thread is in your rails and the other side of the fitting would be a -8an male. You need to create a crossover line either in front or rear to connect the rails. Then you have 1 connection left. I don't recall who, but there is a fitting that you can get, it goes over the stock line and then has a male -8an on the other end. You would then create another short line to connect that end to the last port on the rails.

So you will probably use about 3-4 feet of -8an fuel line and maybe 3-90 degree hose ends and a straight hose end. Typically that is about it. Just depends on how you want to run your lines.

Lethal as a fitting rail kit for returnless that you can get. then you just need to buy the line, hose ends and the stock fuel line adapter fitting.

shb5007

Established Member
So just to make sure I have the right...lol

1.) I don't need to upgrade my fuel filter? Just running a ported blower...goal is 500rwhp.

2.) I don't need a y-block?

I need to get;

(3) -8an o-ring -8an male flare
(3) -8an 90 degree hose end
(1) -8an o-ring plug
(1) -8an straight hose end
(1) Lethal Performance OEM fuel rail adapter
3-5 feet of fuel line

TRBO VNM

So just to make sure I have the right...lol

1.) I don't need to upgrade my fuel filter? Just running a ported blower...goal is 500rwhp.

2.) I don't need a y-block?

I need to get;

(3) -8an o-ring -8an male flare
(3) -8an 90 degree hose end
(1) -8an o-ring plug
(1) -8an straight hose end
(1) Lethal Performance OEM fuel rail adapter
3-5 feet of fuel line

1. If you are doing rails only, No. If you do the fuel line at any point, then you should.

2. Again, stock line, no yblock and even replacing the line, no yblock needed.

"Kinda" LOL.

If the threads in the rails are -8an o-ring, then correct on the rail fittings. I don't think you ever said what rails you have, so you need to confirm that thread.

the hose ends, rethinking this.....instead of 3-90 degree hose ends, you would need 2-90 degree and 1-90 degree female to female because the rail will have a male and the stock fuel line adapter will have a male. And this assumes you connect the stock line direct to the rail at the passenger side rear. So that would eliminate one fitting as well. (the straight hose end). This is all just one option and make sure you get the proper hose end fittings based on the type of hose you select.

correct on the hose length. may not need that much, but might as well have more than not enough. a couple feet may be more than enough. Again, that all depends on where you make your connections.

again, there are multiple options to the setup.

Just think it through. Feed line goes to one end of rail, other end of that rail needs to link to the other rail and then the last port is a plug. Now think about how you are making all those connections and running the lines, then you will see what angles you need and fittings.

BTW, this is the incorrect rail adapter. http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...rmance-8an-to-stock-fuel-rail-adapter-p-15110

That is for using aftermarket line to stock rails. you need stock line to -8an male.

Last edited:

shb5007

Established Member
Quick question.

Would it be possible to run the line like this...

1.) OEM line > Lethal Performance Adapter > -8an

2.) Division X 1 into 2 Y-Block > -8an

3a.) Stainless steel line to back of passenger side fuel rail (plug front)

3b.) Stainless steel line to back of drivers side fuel rail (plug front)

TRBO VNM

you could, but that fitting isn't lethal's and I haven't found it on their site when I looked the other night. The one I found on their site was for upgrading the fuel line and adapting it to the stock rails.

Ironhand

Banned
you could, but that fitting isn't lethal's and I haven't found it on their site when I looked the other night. The one I found on their site was for upgrading the fuel line and adapting it to the stock rails.

Yup.

But for stock lines to -8 read over this list carefully. Depending on the size they may have an adapter but Im not familiar with the size to know for sure.

Russell Performance - Specialty Fuel EFI Adapter Fittings

RUSSELL PUSH-ON EFI FITTINGS (FOR OEM HARD LINES)

DESCRIPTION BLUE BLACK
-6 AN male to 3/8" SAE quick-disconnect female. 640850 640853
-6 AN male to 5/16" SAE quick-disconnect female. 640860 640863
-6 AN male to 1/4" SAE quick-disconnect female. 641300 641303
-8 AN male to 3/8" SAE EFI Female Push on Fitting. 644000* 644003*

* Fits LT1, LT4, and LS1 (pressure side).

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

LOL, that looks like it. Where the hell did you find that located on their site? Bastards must have it hidden. Just confirm that it is for your stock line. Then you could do a female -8an swivel to a 3/8 or 1/2" NPT to the y-block. I don't recall if the single end port is 3/8 or 1/2 NPT or maybe they designed it to be o-ring?

then the other end of the y-block you send each to the ends of rails and cap other end of rails.

Users who are viewing this thread