Fuel System Upgrade - ID1000's too small?

adova

Established Member
I decided to tackle changing my fuel system to a 1400hp Lethal return style. In the process, I figured I would upgrade the injectors to some ID1000's as well. Among many other issues, one that I have is that the new injectors have a shorter plug on the body. The new injectors do not clear the valve covers. I think I could compensate by turning the injector 45 degrees, but this seems wrong. Here is a picture...

20170211_164730.jpg

old01cobra

Established Member
Long as they're 1000.60.14.14.8 part number you're fine. Just turn them like you said, its not a direct injected engine so clocking isn't going to make a difference. Single, Duel, 4 port etc. injectors are all used spraying at different positions. Its all gonna get those valves wet and then sucked right in LOL....

MalcolmV8

Established Member
The stock injectors have a dual spray pattern and should be clocked so it points directly on the back of each valve. The IDs though spray a single stream in the center so it doesn't matter how you clock it or turn it. So yes turn to the side to clear the valve cover and it's perfectly fine.

adova

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to put it all back together again. I have a 2.3 Whipple that needed to be removed that is causing quite a bit of headache. I have a thread up about that as well. From what I can see, though, I think it will be fine.

FYI - another member mentioned the new 1050x injectors if you have not purchased them yet...

Users who are viewing this thread