Fully built Engine, first Procharger start

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for some help (03/04 might deal with this more). Started building my 99 cobra back in 08, and marriage, Kids, and a House were more important. But the initial thoughts of my build as I continue elevated quite a bit more. Goals for power went up considerably from 08.
My initial question is this…
Full internal build, minus factory forged crank, and much more. Return fuel system.
There are suggestions to prime the engine, then to fire her on motor, then to fire her with the blower and charge piping, but no blower belt connected.
Anyone have any thoughts with this?

The blower will be in vacuum initially, but Procharger mentioned either or. After the build, my car has been in storage for 16 years.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
-Ronald.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Use the garden sprayer method to prime the engine. Then as suggested fire it all together.
This.

Pump oil in through the oil cooler. There is an 1/8 npt plug you can remove and hook up a hand pump, I’d recommend pumping in 1/2 quart of oil to make sure it gets up to the heads.

I’d leave it all connected when firing it up. Less things to be an issue.

D-MANN

Established Member
Cobra engineering has a fitting for priming the engine. Easy with this piece they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Use the garden sprayer method to prime the engine. Then as suggested fire it all together.

This is what I did on my coyote build. Turbos were installed and dry. Everything assembled as if I was going to drive away.

Garden sprayer works well and gets oil all the way to the top of the heads to lube cams and rockers. You will be able to "hear" the oil getting to the tops of the heads with the girgling and oil bubbles popping and hissing.

All went well no issues.

I'd install the blower and everything as if you were going to drive the car.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Cobra engineering has a fitting for priming the engine. Easy with this piece they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
This is what I did on my coyote build. Turbos were installed and dry. Everything assembled as if I was going to drive away.

Garden sprayer works well and gets oil all the way to the top of the heads to lube cams and rockers. You will be able to "hear" the oil getting to the tops of the heads with the girgling and oil bubbles popping and hissing.

All went well no issues.

I'd install the blower and everything as if you were going to drive the car.
Thanks Gentlemen for the help! As well as to everyone else! Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread