Fun races with my brother!

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
My brother just recently purchased a '99 GTP, it has about 70K miles on it and before he started to mod it he wanted to see how he could stack up against me...just alittle fun family feud....

First run was from 40mph roll, I let him take the hit and I dropped her in 2nd and took off...I shut down before I had hit the top of second cause I had pulled so hard I thought he had let off....

Second run was from a 30mph roll...(his idea)....Once again I let him take the hit and I dropped her in first and let her rip, I hit second and kept pulling til the top of 2nd...once again about 3 or 4 cars...

Then we hit a stoplight, light turns green, he stomps on it spinning across the intersection...while im trying to not spin....he gets me for the first 60' or so, I hit second and get about 3 or 4 cars and shut down again....

All in all it was fun family racing, It wasn't really a challange but I have a feeling it will be once he gets the smaller pulley, exhaust, and chip....as for now its Camaro 1 GTP 0....

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Have your brother take good care of it, feed it some rice occasionally and it should grow up big and strong :)

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
This is Tony's brother. I will tell you I do feed it rice alot! I have some extra money this week probable getting and a 3.4 pulley this weekend then we will race to see how much of an improvement it is.... so long every one..

BTW: it only has 60k on it!!!!!! 99 GTP Silvermist

Comming this weekend: Thrasher Press-On Supercharger Pulley
Comming Soon:
INTENSE Full Roller Aluminum Rocker Arms
INTENSE Pushrods
INTENSE High Load Valvesprings
INTENSE Titanium Valvespring Retainers
INTENSE Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kits
INTENSE Stage 2 Cylinder Heads
INTENSE 4T65E-HD Transaxle
ASCD "SD Style" Ram Air Hood

Eibach lowing spring 1.8-2.2in. or slp ones??
(I wish I could buy this)

$Thrasher Intercooler Kit$

:bash: :beer: :burn::cuss:

Last edited:

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Looks like you are going to be buying some Intense stocks. Scott will be very happy, lol. You'll be kickin your bro's butt soon enough.:bash:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Yeah, I have some ideas that I want to actually make a reality, but the whole money thing seems to have me in a bind....Long Tubes are actually first on my list....After I get my raise in January and pay off my credit cards I will start the modding process...

Long Tubes (Unsure of Type)
P&P LT4 Heads
P&P LT4 Intake
Cam (Unsure of Type)
12 Bolt with 3.73's

Then we will have the GTP playing catch up again!

Oh Yeah Bob......MAKE YOUR OWN NAME ON HERE!!
:beer:

Sweetgtp99

Got Blown?
Established Member
There i made My own name happy i am getting a tranny cooler friday. my first thing i am doing to the car and i hope to order that pulley this weekend.
thanks

Blast2hell

Established Member
There i made My own name happy i am getting a tranny cooler friday. my first thing i am doing to the car and i hope to order that pulley this weekend.

Get yourself the 3.4" and it will take ya down from those 15.0 your running now and put ya to low 14's. On a good cold night at sea level you could even get a 13.9, I've seen it done in florida hehe.

Also get a K&N filter, and some dryer tubing and run it into the Fender Well, if you go to clubgp you can find a buncha setup for it.

Also don't give up on beating your brother, I only have 650 bucks in my car and I can pull mid 13's all night. Here is a vid of one of my runs in 85 degree weather. No bottle all throttle.

http://www.geniusinside.net/fundaysunday/track4.wmv

And that run isn't my PB

Last edited:

Blast2hell

Established Member
Ohh and our cars don't eat rice, there Domestic, with bigger cyclinders then the modern day cobra, so if anyone is eating rice................. hehehe

Blast2hell

Established Member
Bigger Cylinders, maybe. But Less of them!!!

Oh just grind the hotpoker in my side why don't ya!!:cuss:

Hehe

Hehehehe.....I only have 60 bucks in my car and could run close to a mid 13 with a better 60' time..

Oh yes that's one important thing, if ya try to take a GTP against a LT1 or LS1 in a dollar for dollar mod war, the GTP will always lose hehe. I know this since my wife owns a 2002 Firehawk. Ever dollar I put in my car, we put the same amount in hers, so when I'm in the 12's, she will be in the low 11's. UGH! :cuss:

Sweetgtp99

Got Blown?
Established Member
Yeah if i get A pulley and CAI I will be in the high to mid 13 like13.9-13.7 and that cost 90 for that so 30 more $ we will race soon TONY!!!! ......Any ways i am getting a tranny cooler on Friday the 15 or sat the 16 how hard is it to instal ?

99GTP guy

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about the transmission cooler yet. You don't need it. I would get the pulley and intake first. Then go with some kind of downpipe. That will put you right with your brother. :burn: My modding goal is to beat a stock or lightly modded LS1 in the 1/4. Good luck keep us updated. Im roughrider over at clubgp

Later :coolman:

Sweetgtp99

Got Blown?
Established Member
I got extra money this week sooo. I am getting my CAI and my Pulley this weekend so I will tell you how much of an improvement it is

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread