G*D Da**it

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
so i just got back from taking a photoshoot with some of my buds, and both of my windows are down, and when i bring the car back to my house my passenger side window goes up but the driver doesnt. So right off the bat im guessing the lift motor is shot...has anyone taken off the driver door yet or can give me any tips so i dont f**k anything up asap?

TireBurner

LongBall poster
Established Member
try jimmying the door... Slamming it or giving the speaker area a tap. That has worked for me in the past.

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
yep hold the button down like your rolling the window up the slam the door works everytime.

ya know dude, when i first read your post i was thinking to myself wow thats not going to work....but i was like oh what the f**k ill give it a shot...and it worked lol. But the window wont go down now, so im still going to have to replace the motor im guessing. But thanks haha

Mach1man!

New York State of Mind
Established Member
Yea my Mach 1 and my last mustang GT did this I just tapped where the speaker is on the door in the GT and it worked, For the mach i slammed the door turned my car off turned it back on and the window went up no problem that was about a month ago havent had a problem (knocking on wood) since. Is this like a mustang glitch seems its a reoccuring issue FORD may wanna look into it. Anyone here work for them?

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
haha one time that happened to me and i sat in my dorm parking lot for two hours taking apart my entire door until i got fed up and read about this. went downstairs, held the button, slammed the door, and bam went up. never happened again

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
both of my Cobra won't go up or down, maybe because it sat like 2 years :D

Oh Snap! My car has been sitting for 2 years and it will be up and running again in a few weeks! I will go ahead and prepare myself and expect the windows NOT to work... :nonono:

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I had that problem with my 02 GT. The dealer was lucky I had a garage because it poured the night before I took it in. They said it was common for new ones to go and I said sweet so happy my car has 10K miles and thats common.

Users who are viewing this thread