**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
Thanks I haven't put any freon in it yet but I have no bout it's going to work now that its hooked up correctly

Should I Run 134a or go r12 since its vacume and I have to get new freon any way?

Last edited:

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
How many cans you use 2.1 pounds is like 3.5 cans ? Of 12oz cans

Why wouldn't 134 with the artic freeze or something be just as good?

Last edited:

03 silver cobra

Established Member
How many cans you use 2.1 pounds is like 3.5 cans ? Of 12oz cans

Why wouldn't 134 with the artic freeze or something be just as good?

I have a genI and i used 4 cans, the industrial 12a is supposed to be cooler so we used it instead of 134 to offset the lost cabin cooling

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
I put in 4 cans but the com pressure kicks off every once and a while

Kicks off more when driving its more cold when in idling why is this ?

More freon less freon???

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I got the GEN 3 KC my water temp gauge only reads.68 ° with AC on IC Is bypassed.is this a normal.temperature? .I got 4 cans.of.134A in it I added 2 ozs. Of oil also..I seen some that got down to the 30's .now.inside.cabin temps.are.cold.enough to blow smoke.when.I.breath on the vents? What should I Do? Thanks.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I got the GEN 3 KC my water temp gauge only reads.68 ° with AC on IC Is bypassed.is this a normal.temperature? .I got 4 cans.of.134A in it I added 2 ozs. Of oil also..I seen some that got down to the 30's .now.inside.cabin temps.are.cold.enough to blow smoke.when.I.breath on the vents? What should I Do? Thanks.

I would check your lowside pressure, mine isnt a stage 3 kit, but I have mine set to approx 37psi.... which gives me temps for IC coolant in the mid-high 30's. If your lowside is to high of pressure...for example >42psi I would remove some refrigerant. sounds like you just need to tweek it a little bit.:beer:

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
Well when I have the blue side wich is the low side open it reads 23 ish then compressive takes it to 40 ish then it drops back down sometimes it stays low if that makes since it does get cold in cab temps but i can tell it shuts off at times and it take a sec for the air to get cold I remember it being alot faster at getting cold I just trying not to pay a place to fix it I was hoping I was low in freon but I put in 4 cans fig that would be enough

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Well when I have the blue side wich is the low side open it reads 23 ish then compressive takes it to 40 ish then it drops back down sometimes it stays low if that makes since it does get cold in cab temps but i can tell it shuts off at times and it take a sec for the air to get cold I remember it being alot faster at getting cold I just trying not to pay a place to fix it I was hoping I was low in freon but I put in 4 cans fig that would be enough

from your descripton sounds a little low on refrigerant... the readings I go by are w/ AC on high. I would try adding a can of the Ester oil w/ 2oz of freon to yours, to see if you can get the 40psi steady while AC compressor is running on high.

Last edited:

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
I didn't wanna add oil cause I messed up and had to pull a vacume and I added it the first time 2oz of pag oil and they say the vacume don't pull
Out the pag oil so could I just let a lil in at a time or think it would over charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread