George Orwell was right!

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
This is a joke right?

...oh wait, it's modern America....nope, this is real.

This is why I'm more affraid of the news than I am of my neighbors 80 pound dog.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I suppose they have a point, but it's a bit extreme. Then again, I guess that is the point.

Adam.L.

Established Member
Ridiculous. But actually a great response to those using the procreation argument against same sex marriage:

“If same-sex couples should be barred from marriage because they can not have children together, it follows that all couples who cannot or will not have children together should equally be barred from marriage.”

Just more liberal vs. conservative garbage.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
If you guys wish to share your comments with these idiots, feel free to email them below. This is a bit extreme. What if you are a married guy like me and after 3 years of marriage your wife can't get prego, they now have the power to automatically annull your marriage. This is not their right to do, F**ck them.

[email protected]

[email protected]

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I can't believe what I just read.

Nice "law".

I know our civil rights are slowly being taken away from us, but this crosses the line. I don't see how they could get away with passing a law like that.

And I thought California laws were absurd.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Just vote for me for president in the next election and I will get rid of all this liberal vs. conservation BS. Now I just need 5 million more votes and I will be a contender.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
That'll never pass. Sounds like something you'd here of in China. However, I understand the motive behind the initative is not to actually see this passed as law, but to put political pressure for their own agenda. This should be interesting to keep track of.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Big Government at it's best.

I can see the reasoning behind the gays and lesbians.

Smart thinking.

Government needs to be OUT of the bedroom of consenting adults!

logan_yomtov

Established Member
anyone who wants marriage to be legal for gays is obviously ignorant and doesn't understand what exactly marriage is.
I'm a conservative and think marriage should only be allowed between a man and a woman because it is a religious ceremony celebrating the next step in the circle of life, which is procreation.
I do however think that gays should be given civil unions so that they can get the same legal benefits a married couple can have. I just think the term marriage is being used incorrectly.

I don't think that initiative wil pass and become law, its just a display of principle based on arguement. Give them legal civil unions, but not marriage.

Juruense

Banned
Ghey marriage is just a hot button issue used to heard the sheep at election time. I refuse to even address/debate it. We have MUCH bigger problems in this country that we need to focus on.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
anyone who wants marriage to be legal for gays is obviously ignorant and doesn't understand what exactly marriage is.
I'm a conservative and think marriage should only be allowed between a man and a woman because it is a religious ceremony celebrating the next step in the circle of life, which is procreation.
I do however think that gays should be given civil unions so that they can get the same legal benefits a married couple can have. I just think the term marriage is being used incorrectly.

I don't think that initiative wil pass and become law, its just a display of principle based on arguement. Give them legal civil unions, but not marriage.
Logan, this is why I'm FOR Civil Unions! John Kerry & Howard Dean is also for civil unions but not the actual wordplay of marriage since it is a religious instituted act.

Gays & Lesbians are tax paying citizens & therefore should have a right by law to not be discriminated against.

I am a professing Christian myself, but I dont want to impose my belief system upon others who dont want to adhere.

Why want to force others to want to follow the 10 Commandments when Christians dont even do it themselves?

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Ghey marriage is just a hot button issue used to heard the sheep at election time. I refuse to even address/debate it. We have MUCH bigger problems in this country that we need to focus on.
its the right wingers who usually resort to this tactic before each election.

Shrubya is guilty himself.

But on this article, it's the gays who are pushing this issue. It will never pass.

You are right though, bigger issues need to be addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread