Get your Bolt-Ons ready, NE Brothers!!!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
those are some impressive numbers, I look forward to seeing them and how well the perform in OT and at the strip.

i don't care about the rating...i wanna see the ETs and the TQ curve!!!!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Kevin,
I'm scared to ask how the Z06 compares to your 99. I wouldn't worry about another 72-85 era for Mustngs though. EFI has made it possible to overcome a gas scare without just giving up power. I d agree that it will just make the GT and Cobra better.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Next month = Turbo setup...I could care less lol

2011 I heard Ford Racing optional blower for the 5.0 GT....which will bump it near 500 or at 500...

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Kevin,
I'm scared to ask how the Z06 compares to your 99.

Hehe, you don't want to know. Really, you don't. Let's just say that besides the 08 F250 turbo diesel I bought last year for towing, the Z06 is the best purchase I have bought in a long, long time.

I just spent the last three days with it at a road course in SC, Carolina Motorsports Park. 2.1 miles with 14 turns. At the same track back in June with the 99 Cobra, in full track prep (Carbotech brakes, NT01 tires, stripped interior, harnesses, etc etc) and no traffic in Time Trials, the best I could get was a 1:51 (mm:ss) lap. Yesterday with the Z06, with the stock six year old Goodyears and a set of PFC pads, I turned a 1:49 in traffic!!!! Two seconds faster in traffic and on old street tires. You be the judge.... :banana::pepper:

cobraracer46

Banned
if some people didnt buy new parts, where would the used parts come from?

I understand that People will always buy new parts no matter what, but at the same time, for what ever reason, those same people will always sell used go fast parts for pennies on the dollar as my collection of used Vortech parts clearly shows.

I have bought my fair share of new speed parts, but now, I'm trying a new approach: buying used go fast parts and so far, I'm happy with the results!:dancenana:

cobraracer46

Banned
f You be the judge.... :banana::pepper:

I would say that a Mustang equipped with a SLA front end, massive brakes and 315/35/17 tires on the front and rear would be enough to handle the competition. As a matter of fact, at the Virginia city hill climb put on by the Pacific region of the Ferrari club, more than once, the car that has posted the fastest time has been a Terminator mustang with such a set up and a 98 Cobra convertible also with an SLA front end and 315's sized front and rear tires came in third against a starting grid full of fancy European and American machinery so dont judge the mustang as inadequate as the car has plenty of potential.

No question, the ZO6 is a good car though.

brkntrxn

Established Member
Cobraracer, you make a good point. However, I have funneled almost 50k through my 99 in the last 5 years. Not gonna do it anymore. Nothing beats a stock sports car with a 30k mile warranty.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Hehe, you don't want to know. Really, you don't. Let's just say that besides the 08 F250 turbo diesel I bought last year for towing, the Z06 is the best purchase I have bought in a long, long time.

I just spent the last three days with it at a road course in SC, Carolina Motorsports Park. 2.1 miles with 14 turns. At the same track back in June with the 99 Cobra, in full track prep (Carbotech brakes, NT01 tires, stripped interior, harnesses, etc etc) and no traffic in Time Trials, the best I could get was a 1:51 (mm:ss) lap. Yesterday with the Z06, with the stock six year old Goodyears and a set of PFC pads, I turned a 1:49 in traffic!!!! Two seconds faster in traffic and on old street tires. You be the judge.... :banana::pepper:

How much do you think that was due to handling and wieght loss vice the power difference? No doubt all three are factors though.

brkntrxn

Established Member
All three play a part, but I would have to say that the 400lbs and 50/50 weight ratio are the two biggest factors.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
No question the Z06 is a completely bad ass vehicle, I'll be honest, I'd love to have one and that is the one chevy this is not a gmsux!

Users who are viewing this thread