ghig shift knob

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Got my new shift knob intoday sorry for the huge pic posting thru my phone
2f8263ff.jpg

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Speed dawg racing made it for me. I had to send him a calling card with the touch up paint from my car so it could be exact. The owners name is Chris and I'm pretty shure if you talk to him he will be more than willing to produce one for you, that I know of he doesn't have a sby knob done yet. He has blue,orange & yellow in the boss 302 knobs
this is the shop number 717-741-2665

kbroush

Established Member
That is awesome! Im calling him tomorrow haha! I have looked at their shift balls and always wanted one that was the exact green color I needed. Looks awesome man.

2013Boss302

Established Member
Did you have a hard time getting the stock knob off? I tried to remove mine with no luck. I wanted to install a shifter bushing.

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
No not at all I used a strap wrench and it quickly started turning. I was already waiting for it to be a pain to take off but was surprised,it's either they stopped putting a crap load of loctite or I was a lucky one and they put very little on the top thread:)

Forgot to mention that the shift knob and steel stem came off together and u can separate the knob from steam. Knob is just press fitted on stem.

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Did you have a hard time getting the stock knob off? I tried to remove mine with no luck. I wanted to install a shifter bushing.
Do you mean a shifter bracket? If so you don't need to remove the knob. The bracket is installed from underneath the car. Using a strap wrench my knob came off much easier than I was expecting.

Stink, so you were able to use the stock spacer with the aftermarket knob?

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Do you mean a shifter bracket? If so you don't need to remove the knob. The bracket is installed from underneath the car. Using a strap wrench my knob came off much easier than I was expecting.

Stink, so you were able to use the stock spacer with the aftermarket knob?
Nah man I was not able to use the stock spacer since its a press fitted version not threaded

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks awesome!! From a size stand point... is it the same as stock?

Users who are viewing this thread