Gold wheels? Yes or No?

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
I've been seeking a wheel change for a while now, and I'm finally past the whole white-on-black storm trooper look. So after forum jumping for a few days looking for something strange, a game changer if you will. I stumbled across the race gold Chicanes True Forged released, and instantly I was like :bowdown:. But of course, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I spent that coin on a set of wheels. Then I found the XXR 521, perfect solution so it seems.

Now, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I thought I'd photoshop what they would look like on a white '99. Oh, and everyone I've told completely hates the idea of gold wheels. Which makes me love it even more.

99cobraxxrgold.jpg

I know it's been done before, but there isn't one Cobra around here with this combo. Let me know what you think!

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I love the BBS style gold mesh. And on a white car it would look awesome. Please go staggered if you can. That would be the cherry on top.

rightushook

Hugh Jazz
Established Member
Looks awesome, I don't know why but I love gold wheels.

What about doing the silver emblems and maybe tips a gold color? May be overkill but just a thought.

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
I love the BBS style gold mesh. And on a white car it would look awesome. Please go staggered if you can. That would be the cherry on top.

XXR has these sets at 8.5 and 10.5. I really liked the TF 9 and 11 combo more but I can settle.

Last edited:

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
Looks awesome, I don't know why but I love gold wheels.

What about doing the silver emblems and maybe tips a gold color? May be overkill but just a thought.

I've actually considered the silver emblems with the gold inserts :-D

Would that be too much?

rightushook

Hugh Jazz
Established Member
I think it needs gold in the emblems or somewhere, but that is my OCD talking. Not necessarily all gold but some gold.

onebadsvt

Established Member
By all means get what you like, but for me personally I hate gold wheels. Every time I see them the only thing I can picture is a wrx. But like I said go with what makes u happy

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
By all means get what you like, but for me personally I hate gold wheels. Every time I see them the only thing I can picture is a wrx. But like I said go with what makes u happy

+65,000 Gold Wheels just scream "PIMP -Get your hookers here" to me. but then I am old school like that

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
The color is tits, but XXR's are meh. Go with TF's or CCWs for sure. My N just bought a set of gold center CCWs for his black Terminator. Looks sick.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
do it, gold and white works. The color combo is used a ton by import guys, as long the wheels look good it will look good together.

Vette_Gold_AAS.jpg

Classics2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread