Good GT500 Commerical !

teejay

Established Member
Not sure if this has been posted before. But, here is a pretty good commercial.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs8PT7b_eiI"]YouTube - video.wmv[/nomedia]

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's not a GT500, that's the Shelby GT-H. It has the N/A 4.6L 3V engine, not the supercharged 5.4L

No matter, it's one of my favorite Mustang commercials.

This is the best GT500 commercial

[youtube_browser]fbo1iaL0Lco[/youtube_browser]

DMotorsports

Established Member
It's not a GT500, that's the Shelby GT-H. It has the N/A 4.6L 3V engine, not the supercharged 5.4L

My favorite as well. :beer:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
^^ Agreed on the best GT500 commercial, but it's BS that it is passing a Porsche Carrera GT on the German Autobahnen. It's stock FFS, that GT would hand the Shelby it's ass. Also I've never driven aggressively like that in the rain before. I wonder if I'd end up in a wall if I tried doing that. lol.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
^^ Agreed on the best GT500 commercial, but it's BS that it is passing a Porsche Carrera GT on the German Autobahnen. It's stock FFS, that GT would hand the Shelby it's ass. Also I've never driven aggressively like that in the rain before. I wonder if I'd end up in a wall if I tried doing that. lol.

Don't you love how commercials over dramatize things to make the potential buyer think they are getting more than they actually are.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Don't you love how commercials over dramatize things to make the potential buyer think they are getting more than they actually are.

I know right. I was 18 when I got mine, thought it was the fastest thing on earth (it was stock too btw). Then I got my ass handed to me by a POS Formula with some nitrous. Then reality sunk in. :beer:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member

you presume the GT driver has balls!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I know right. I was 18 when I got mine, thought it was the fastest thing on earth (it was stock too btw). Then I got my ass handed to me by a POS Formula with some nitrous. Then reality sunk in. :beer:

You felt like Achilles, until someone shot an arrow through your heal. I know what you mean. Reality is a bitch sometimes.

markuswe

Established Member
The German GT500 commerical isn't a commercial at all. We all do driving over here like the one in the video :))

I once pushed my 2.9 Whipple GT500 to about 200mph. My dash showed me 2.5 mpg(US).
I need a larger tank. :))

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
The German GT500 commerical isn't a commercial at all. We all do driving over here like the one in the video :))

I once pushed my 2.9 Whipple GT500 to about 200mph. My dash showed me 2.5 mpg(US).

That's awesome! you could always put a auxiliary cell in the trunk!!

how did it feel at 200? did you have a GPS to verify?

markuswe

Established Member
Nope, no GPS in that run. My speedo got stucked/ended at 260km/h/160mph and the GT500 was still accelerating. But I was racing a Z06 and a AMG and both drivers told me at the next Gas-Station, how fast I was. Later I checked it with a GPS and reached easily 185 mph.

Car runs very fine and stable. But I replaced a lot of the suspension-parts. LCA, UCA, KW V3 Coilovers, Salleen Wattlink, reloc brackets. Road was a straight line by night. You can't do that in rushhours, even on German Autobahns.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member

Going 200+mph is definitely on my bucket list.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

My wife just remind me that it was this commercial that made me sell my TTG35
for the Shelby:rockon:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Nope, no GPS in that run. My speedo got stucked/ended at 260km/h/160mph and the GT500 was still accelerating. But I was racing a Z06 and a AMG and both drivers told me at the next Gas-Station, how fast I was. Later I checked it with a GPS and reached easily 185 mph.

Car runs very fine and stable. But I replaced a lot of the suspension-parts. LCA, UCA, KW V3 Coilovers, Salleen Wattlink, reloc brackets. Road was a straight line by night. You can't do that in rushhours, even on German Autobahns.
I hope you won!

Going 200+mph is definitely on my bucket list.
:rockon: :rockon:

hobelspahn

Red Porsche Killer
Established Member
hello,

i am a GT500 driver in Germany. Trust me,m the GT500 can beat a lot of Porsches on the autobahn. I have a GPS navi in my car and after remove the speedlimiter, i can drive with my car exactly 177 mph. some weeks later i get a tune for 98 oktan gas and my car runs 182 mph.
BUT !!! after the first time driving this speed i change the springs and shocks to Ford Racing. Drive over 150 mph with original springs and shocks are only for Selfmurderer or crasy heroes.
If there are some low speed curves, i have no chance to get the Porsche.
if i now the way to get pictures in here, i dit it.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
how does the OP, who has a GT500, not know that the car in the commercial is not a GT500. jesus christos, they're giving the keys to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread