Goodbye Ford, I've switched to the dark side

08mojo

Established Member
The mustang is gone, and I've moved on to my next 'bucket list' car. I will really miss my s197, but I was ready for a change. I had been following the C6 Z06 market for a long time and the prices were starting to come into range for me. This is what I ended up with: 2008, 2LZ, 6,300 miles.

IMG_3820_zpssir5hntx.jpg

I've got the parts on order to address the valve guide issue, plus a few extra goodies. :-D

adamb258

Established Member
beautiful! I love SOM! If I could have a 2 door car again this would be it

Rct851

Established Member
Excellent color and low miles too! Id like to make the same move eventually although I'll miss my 5bro. But like you said that's a bucket list car and as close as a financial mortal can get to a super car

quad

Established Member
Nice looking Vette! And I like your deck railing with turnbuckles and wires.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn you, I drooled over one exactly like that at the dealer off Barrett Pkwy. I swear, if I see you running down 75 in that I'm going to honk and give you the finger for stealing my car. Of course I kid, so what're you doing about the guide issue? WCCH, Mast...ooh the possibilities. Sick ****ing ride!

BlownAway03

Established Member
I scratched the C6Z of my list a few years back as well. It's a great vehicle. The value is holding pretty well in the $40k range too. So if you ever sell you'll probably do ok. I bought mine for $45k in 2011 and sold for $42k in 2013 with 35k miles on it. I'd probably still have it if it weren't for valvegate. I just couldn't ever feel fully confident in the car. They are beasts though. Congrats.

08mojo

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

It's Atomic Orange. The closest color to SOM on the C6 is Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic (DSOM).

Yup. I really like DSOM though, it's a little more subtle than atomic orange.

Nice looking Vette! And I like your deck railing with turnbuckles and wires.

Thanks. I stole the deck idea from my buddy that used architectural turnbuckles and wires. My method was a lot cheaper by using parts from the local hardware store:D. I think it turned out pretty good. Here's pic during the install on the uncovered portion of the deck:

IMG_20130511_144820_348_zpsjs5a2uii.jpg

Nice, I have to been looking to upgrade. Been looking at C6 Zs too. May I ask what you got this for?

I got a very fair price, but not the deal of the century.

Damn you, I drooled over one exactly like that at the dealer off Barrett Pkwy. I swear, if I see you running down 75 in that I'm going to honk and give you the finger for stealing my car. Of course I kid, so what're you doing about the guide issue? WCCH, Mast...ooh the possibilities. Sick ****ing ride!

haha! Hope to see you someday, but I stay on the 400 side of town. I got this one from a dealership in Buford, so I'll be looking for my twin out there.

I am going with WCCH stage 2 heads, kaotik cam, arh long tubes and x-pipe, and other small supporting mods. It's not an all out build, but will be plenty for me! I've been told the parts should be here by the end of the week.:banana:

I scratched the C6Z of my list a few years back as well. It's a great vehicle. The value is holding pretty well in the $40k range too. So if you ever sell you'll probably do ok. I bought mine for $45k in 2011 and sold for $42k in 2013 with 35k miles on it. I'd probably still have it if it weren't for valvegate. I just couldn't ever feel fully confident in the car. They are beasts though. Congrats.

I hope the value stays high! I'm very bad about getting bored with cars and don't usually keep them for more than 3 years. I went into this one knowing the ls7 issues. It came with a warranty, but that does not make me feel good. I've put a couple hundred miles on the car to make sure there are no surprises, but man the ls7 valvetrain is noisy!. Once the heads are swapped, it's go time.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Valvetrain is noisy. That's normal. I'm h/c/I/exhaust and 580 rwhp. Full streetability, I've driven it 8 hours no issues, and it pulls like no other.

Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread