Got a new shallow water jet drive boat

RedfireSVT

Established Member
***Update with more Pics***Got a new shallow water jet drive boat

***update with pics on post #15***
i just got back from the river and all i can say is wow! i think i could spit on the ground and this boat would go! i was running in about 3" of water without even so much as a scrape and it went through areas and over gravel bars where the water was maybe an inch deep. it would just bounce over and not even miss a beat. just have to make sure not to stop in the shallow water or it's stuck. there is definitely a learning curve with this thing but it was an absolute blast! should be a great summer!

i've been wanting a shallow water boat for running the rivers around here and i finally got one. nothing fancy but great for hunting, fishing and getting to places a prop motor can't go. 90/65hp jet with tunnel, this thing will run in as little as 3" of water!

bboat6_zps5b424958.jpg

bboat_zps2d42f04b.jpg

bboat2_zpsd6aa0df4.jpg

bboat3_zps7c826cb3.jpg

bboat1_zps209a3ddf.jpg

bboat4_zpsc7ce5add.jpg

photo8_zps4b60e823.jpg

Cobra got the boot!

bboat7_zps4596e29b.jpg

Last edited:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Didn't know that these existed. Please give us an update after you try it out.

yup, they are purpose built for running in very shallow water. if set up right they will run in 2-3 inches which is actually kinda scary. i'm going to take it for a good trip tomorrow and see just how shallow this thing can go.

2002bolt

Established Member
Jet drives are great. They handle a lot differently. But work great for shallow water fishing. My dad had a twin jet drive flats boat, that would get in all the great inshore spots.

jbs$

Established Member
A few years back I had a Spector jet drive boat with a Holman-Moody, 460 Ford motor. Great toy, hated to give it up, but, I ran out of space and something had to go. As I remember it would run in the high eighty's and could scare the scrap out of you.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Nice! I've been wanting to go that route for some time with the stump fields and shallow areas around here. I've got an Alumaweld XPress bass boat that gets me around pretty good but it's still limited and takes a lot more time to get where I'm going..

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
How does that work in comparison to a traditional inboard jet boat. Been on a few and you can tear acrozs rivers n hear the gravel scrape the hull

RedfireSVT

Established Member
How does that work in comparison to a traditional inboard jet boat. Been on a few and you can tear acrozs rivers n hear the gravel scrape the hull

pretty much the same except not as fast as an inboard jet drive.

Users who are viewing this thread