Got the BEST early Christmas Present yesterday!!!

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Got busted speeding to work by the local PD yesterday. Clocked me going 65 in a 45 (The zone had just turned to a 45 from a 50 actually). An old country hick truck pulled out in front of me suddenly so I sped up and went around a car in the left lane before I ran into the truck just in time to get gunned by the cop. He turned around and pulled me over came to the car and told me he had clocked me 65 in a 45. He asked what emergency there might be before he made his decision. I told him the situation but told him honestly I should have just hit the brakes but was trying to avoid being rearended and that I was sorry. He said that didn't count as an emergency and got my license and insurance and went back to his car. I knew at that point I was up **** creek with no paddles and was in for a ticket. He came back to the car and asked for my phone #, social #, and work # and what I did there and was just about finished writing the ticket and paused. All the sudden he says "You know what?? I'm gonna cut you a break today. I don't know why but I'm in a dog-gone good mood, this will be my 5th warning I've given today" (8am in the morning) I naturally was SHOCKED by this gesture and said thank you and that I appreciated it. He told me Merry Christmas and to slow down from now on and I went on my way with a fully written ticket with warning written across it instead. I am sooo glad that there are good cops out there who cut the hard working man/woman a break from time to time. God Bless em during these busy holidays!!! I couldn't have asked for a better gift :rockon:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Damn...I've never been that lucky here in Houston. The only warning I've ever gotten was in Corpus by a State trooper none the less.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hey wow, you are a lucky bastard. Unfortunately, I got the asshole cop today. I was waiting at a traffic light on a backroad trying to turn right. There is always a ton of traffic at this intersection and of course there is no right turn lane, only a left one so I'm waiting. After waiting through about 3 lights and numerous slow starts by idots at the front of the line, I get almost to the light when it turns yellow for the 4th time. The guy in front of me stops, but instead of waiting again, I pull into the parking lot on the right side of the road.
This parking lot is for a couple stores right on the corner of this intersection so the lot goes from the road I was on to the road I was trying to get to. I have seen people cutting through this lot ever since I can remember cuz there has always been a ton of traffic, so I figured I'd go through it since I had errands to run before my Aunt's bday party.
As I'm going thru, I see a state trooper sitting in the lot of the bank next to the lot I'm in. I thought for a split second that the cop was there to give ticket to people cutting through this lot, but then erased that thought because people had always done it (myself maybe twice in the 4 years I've been driving) and because he wasn't actually in the lot. As I'm waiting to pull into traffic, he pulls up behind me with lights flashing and horn blaring. I almost shit myself when he got out and told me it was illegal to do what I had done. There are so many crazy teens and nutjobs out there causing accidents all over the state of maryland and this st. trooper is giving me a ticket for cutting through a parking lot, which is maybe 100 feet long? Just to show how common it is, someone pulled up behind the cop while he was writing my ticket, trying to take the same shortcut, and he stopped them too!! All in all, the ticket was EIGHTY DOLLARS. I could not believe this and wanted to give the dude a piece of my mind, but decided against it. For that price, I shoulda done a nice smokey burnout as I left...

Sorry for the rant but I am super pissed about it. I'll have to post this in the LEO forum to see what they think cuz it seems like BS to me. This is the last thing I need when I'm broke cuz of Xmas.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
God, that sounds awesome. It's too bad the cops here in Humble (northeast Houston) are jerks.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I have never gotten a warning from a cop, only tickets. My wife has gotten five warnings and no tickets! I have gotten out of four tickets from the court after explaining the situation in written declarations....

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
sunburned said:
Hey wow, you are a lucky bastard. Unfortunately, I got the asshole cop today. I was waiting at a traffic light on a backroad trying to turn right. There is always a ton of traffic at this intersection and of course there is no right turn lane, only a left one so I'm waiting. After waiting through about 3 lights and numerous slow starts by idots at the front of the line, I get almost to the light when it turns yellow for the 4th time. The guy in front of me stops, but instead of waiting again, I pull into the parking lot on the right side of the road.
This parking lot is for a couple stores right on the corner of this intersection so the lot goes from the road I was on to the road I was trying to get to. I have seen people cutting through this lot ever since I can remember cuz there has always been a ton of traffic, so I figured I'd go through it since I had errands to run before my Aunt's bday party.
As I'm going thru, I see a state trooper sitting in the lot of the bank next to the lot I'm in. I thought for a split second that the cop was there to give ticket to people cutting through this lot, but then erased that thought because people had always done it (myself maybe twice in the 4 years I've been driving) and because he wasn't actually in the lot. As I'm waiting to pull into traffic, he pulls up behind me with lights flashing and horn blaring. I almost shit myself when he got out and told me it was illegal to do what I had done. There are so many crazy teens and nutjobs out there causing accidents all over the state of maryland and this st. trooper is giving me a ticket for cutting through a parking lot, which is maybe 100 feet long? Just to show how common it is, someone pulled up behind the cop while he was writing my ticket, trying to take the same shortcut, and he stopped them too!! All in all, the ticket was EIGHTY DOLLARS. I could not believe this and wanted to give the dude a piece of my mind, but decided against it. For that price, I shoulda done a nice smokey burnout as I left...

Sorry for the rant but I am super pissed about it. I'll have to post this in the LEO forum to see what they think cuz it seems like BS to me. This is the last thing I need when I'm broke cuz of Xmas.

I am going to have to say you deserve it. Across the street from my shop is a parking lot with the same setup you described. People cut thru it ALL day long. I am amazed that no one has gotten hurt or even killed. That is one thing I can not stand. There is NO need for it. Everyone else has to wait, why can't you>??? It has gotten so bad across the street that at some times they block off all but one of the entrances/exits. People jump over the damn curb still to cut thru it! Don't take it the wrong way as I am simply voicing my opinion on the matter.

To the fella that got the warning, you admitted you were wrong and didn't make up some BS excuse. Cops respect that. Any time I have been stopped I always shake the officer's hand, even if I get a ticket. Respect will go a long way with a LEO in my opinion. -Mat-

stevieb

Established Member
SVT F15O said:
I am going to have to say you deserve it. Across the street from my shop is a parking lot with the same setup you described. People cut thru it ALL day long. I am amazed that no one has gotten hurt or even killed. That is one thing I can not stand. There is NO need for it. Everyone else has to wait, why can't you>??? It has gotten so bad across the street that at some times they block off all but one of the entrances/exits. People jump over the damn curb still to cut thru it! Don't take it the wrong way as I am simply voicing my opinion on the matter.

To the fella that got the warning, you admitted you were wrong and didn't make up some BS excuse. Cops respect that. Any time I have been stopped I always shake the officer's hand, even if I get a ticket. Respect will go a long way with a LEO in my opinion. -Mat-
+1

4.6speed

Established Member
Last October I got let off with a warning for 32 over, to this day I still don't believe it. That is the only time I've ever gotten off with a warning.

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
Im not trying to brag just relate a similar story, but I once got off for going 50 over. I have no idea why. The only reason I can think is that he actually didnt know how fast I was going (or he was the nicest cop ever).

I pulled out from my work parking lot at 1 AM. The road was deserted except for one car all the way down to my left (coming my way) was a single car. I pulled out and gunned it. I blew through one light turning yellow but the one about 300m up turned yellow. I decided to slow down and stopped. The car that was behind me when I pulled left caught up.

Of course it was a cop. He pulled up next to me and just looked at me. When the light turned green I start out slowly but I knew I was busted. He got behind me and flashed me. When he came up to my window he asked me for my liscense and registration and insurance. I couldn't find my insurance so as I was looking for it he asked me questions like what I was doing out late, were I work and if I was going to school. He finally told me not to worry about my insurance and went back to his car. He came back 5 minutes later and asked me how fast I was going.

I looked at him and said (the truth) "Officer, I dont know how fast I was going. I know this is a very fast vehicle but I didn't even look at the speedometer (I had to be very close to 100 though in a 45)." He gave me one last chance to tell the truth to which I told him I was.

He said 'Ok' and went back to his car. He came a few minutes later and to my suprise said, 'You seem like a good guy. Your going to school and not wasting your life. You dont have anything on your record at all that I could find so I am going to let you go with a warning. So just try to slow down.'

And I can say to this day I have never gone that fast (on a public road) since that.

31C

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
03SonicSnake said:
Got busted speeding to work by the local PD yesterday. Clocked me going 65 in a 45 (The zone had just turned to a 45 from a 50 actually). An old country hick truck pulled out in front of me suddenly so I sped up and went around a car in the left lane before I ran into the truck just in time to get gunned by the cop. He turned around and pulled me over came to the car and told me he had clocked me 65 in a 45. He asked what emergency there might be before he made his decision. I told him the situation but told him honestly I should have just hit the brakes but was trying to avoid being rearended and that I was sorry. He said that didn't count as an emergency and got my license and insurance and went back to his car. I knew at that point I was up **** creek with no paddles and was in for a ticket. He came back to the car and asked for my phone #, social #, and work # and what I did there and was just about finished writing the ticket and paused. All the sudden he says "You know what?? I'm gonna cut you a break today. I don't know why but I'm in a dog-gone good mood, this will be my 5th warning I've given today" (8am in the morning) I naturally was SHOCKED by this gesture and said thank you and that I appreciated it. He told me Merry Christmas and to slow down from now on and I went on my way with a fully written ticket with warning written across it instead. I am sooo glad that there are good cops out there who cut the hard working man/woman a break from time to time. God Bless em during these busy holidays!!! I couldn't have asked for a better gift :rockon:

Where in the heck in Houston are you?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I'm very surprised. I heard there is quite a bit of paperwork an officer has to do if he voids a citation in his book.

UCBeau

lucky guy...very lucky..i've gotten a few warnings too, and i agree completely with the statement about respecting the LEO. i am always courteous and polite, and i can tell it goes a long way.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn jason, nice break!
give me a call, i'm only in town until the 8th or so....hooters?

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Tony - I know it man, close call. I'll give you a call after these holidays are done. Crazy time of year!!!

Thanks everyone!!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did a 130mph stretch on my way to Memphis and back today. No cops no tickets, must be the ghost of christmas racing taking care of me.
Why are they assholes for giving us tickets when we violate the laws clearly?

Users who are viewing this thread