GOTTA HAVE IT GREEN - 2014 GT500 on order

SlowVert

Established Member
Awesome that he gets to pick all the color combos.... but 430K on top of standard price to make it green??? HHhhmmmm.... I'd rather have bought 7 more - one for each day of the week!!!!

J.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Awesome that he gets to pick all the color combos.... but 430K on top of standard price to make it green??? HHhhmmmm.... I'd rather have bought 7 more - one for each day of the week!!!!

J.

Pretty sure it goes to charity...aka rich people write off

freakshow12

Established Member
What I think is funny is that for 500k. A guy gets a one off car ( I know it's for charity etc). But through weird options there will be a few one off cars that just happened. So the GHIG is odd BUT the fact that some oddly optioned cars made it out with just the stuff that was available to everyone is more interesting to me

USV8PWR

Established Member
What I think is funny is that for 500k. A guy gets a one off car ( I know it's for charity etc). But through weird options there will be a few one off cars that just happened. So the GHIG is odd BUT the fact that some oddly optioned cars made it out with just the stuff that was available to everyone is more interesting to me

There's a huge difference between a production car being 1 of 1 due to a unique paint color (that is not on any of the other 10,500 Shelbys built for 13/14) and a production car being 1 of 1 due to a mix of unpopular available colors & options. Make no mistake, this GHIG Shelby is not odd...it's way cool!! And unlike an unpopular readily available car/stripe scheme & option mix, there would have been quite a few GHIG Shelbys sold new had they offered the color on them.

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
There's a huge difference between a production car being 1 of 1 due to a unique paint color (that is not on any of the other 10,500 Shelbys built for 13/14) and a production car being 1 of 1 due to a mix of unpopular available colors & options. Make no mistake, this GHIG Shelby is not odd...it's way cool. And unlike an unpopular readily available car/stripe scheme & option mix, there would have been quite a few GHIG Shelbys sold new had they offered the color on them.

Agreed.
Also, did anyone else notice that due to the $495 GHG color option and being a fully optioned vert, it has the highest msrp ever 14 GT500? $69,815 (no track pack for verts and I don't see the car cover listed)

USV8PWR

Established Member
Agreed.
Also, did anyone else notice that due to the $495 GHG color option and being a fully optioned vert, it has the highest msrp ever 14 GT500? $69,815 (no track pack for verts and I don't see the car cover listed)

You are correct BITDIFFERENTSVT...it's the highest MSRP ever for the specific U.S. Market, the one 99% of us care about. And it doesn't even have the car cover listed!

There's plenty of $70K-plus Coupes AND Convertibles out there.

*(Disclaimer Notice)...I bet he's either talking about cars sent up to Canada and their Canadian priced window stickers, or other exported country, or possibly about cars on dealers showrooms with secondary ADM stickers on it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You are correct BITDIFFERENTSVT...it's the highest MSRP ever for the specific U.S. Market, the one 99% of us care about. And it doesn't even have the car cover listed!

*(Disclaimer Notice)...I bet he's either talking about cars sent up to Canada and their Canadian priced window stickers, or other exported country, or possibly about cars on dealers showrooms with secondary ADM stickers on it.

Nope. A fully loaded ruby red coupe tips over $70k

frydguy79

Established Member
he wont ever get tired of it, he has 50 plus other cars to look at...plus a 2011 gt500 vert with a auto, the 2012 wounded warrior gt500, and he bought the # 2 blue duece race car from last years Nascar championship @ Barrett also...
heck he might even drive it...

Madlock

Established Member

Ummm, no. He's not correct.

And "99% of us" who care about only cars for the U.S. market are ignoring that nearly 15% of all Convertibles made are made for Canada alone.

You'd lose. "He's" not. He'd have said so if he were. And how the hell would he know every ADM dealers may be trying to pimp its customers for?

Nope. A fully loaded ruby red coupe tips over $70k

Exactly! So do Ruby Red Convertibles.

And between the two, there are 33 such cars. Taking into account the $150 mid-year price increase 49 such cars have been build or scheduled... so far.

Had he chosen to include the car cover, the GHIG Convertible would've had the priciest window sticker. But he didn't, and it doesn't. Instead, it presently wears the 50th most expensive window sticker. These are ONLY within the U.S., not taking into account any fully-optioned RR cars made for other markets.

* (No disclaimers)

Last edited:

Madlock

Established Member
You wouldn't happen to know and be willing to divulge how many such cars were made for other markets by any chance?

58 in total, with 7 Convertibles and 2 Coupes and headed to Canada. None went to markets beyond North America (including Mexico). I guess that relegates poor DD to 59th place on an apples-to-apples basis.

Very few fully-optioned cars wind-up going to markets beyond North America because of the diminished navigation and infotainment functionality. But a FAR higher percentage of Convertibles than Convertibles are fully-optioned, likely because the Glass Roof and Track Package in combination effectively account for the Convertible's entire price premium, hence the mere $10 (for U.S. cars) difference between fully-optioned Coupe and Convertible MSRPs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread