Gt 350

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
How much will the GT 350 cost? I've herd it will be at the New York Auto show. 4.6 SC engine, or so the rumors go! LOL

Tim :poke:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
How much will the GT 350 cost? I've herd it will be at the New York Auto show. 4.6 SC engine, or so the rumors go! LOL

Tim :poke:

just keep us informed on the latest. your the one with the inside info. :read: :D

i have heard three things.

20 horse increase over the gt - ala 01 bullitt
4.6 with blower - 03 svt motor
5.4 n/a(hopefully alluminum)

07 or 08 mustang?

G. El Dorado

Established Member
It's a Mustang GT with 320hp (91 octane tune) and you won't be able to buy one. They're only building 200 and they're all going to Hertz.

mrGT

Established Member
Ford just has to see the benefit, financial and market, of procucing hi-po Mustangs between the GT and GT500....they just have to!

broeli

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
How much will the GT 350 cost?
:shrug: We don't even know what the Gt500 will cost yet! Lets start by getting the price of it first :) If we don't know the price of a car that is going to hit dealers in only a few months, we certainly won't know anything other than a guesstimate of a rumored/non confirmed car.

Route66

Established Member
I bet it'll be a pig weighing in at 3800 lbs. I hear it won't even have IRS. Gee, what do you think would be better, IRS or solid rear axel? :-D

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
And the gauntlet is thrown. Stock for stock in some situations...sure. Depends on whether you beefed up your IRS or not. A good IRS is better than a good SRA for handling on any day of the week. It's just a fact. (pull pin...release handle...toss grenade...hold ears.)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if indeed the gt500 is pulling lap times the same as the c6 on most courses who is going to care about the live axle, extra weight debate from the shelby doubters?

argue all all you want about specifics in handling and engineering. its not worth 2 cents. the next thing we can argue about is the difference between coilovers on the porsche and leaf springs on the vette.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Route66 said:
I bet it'll be a pig weighing in at 3800 lbs. I hear it won't even have IRS. Gee, what do you think would be better, IRS or solid rear axel? :-D

Solid (for most instances). "Pull pin... Release..."

Back when Roush ran the Merkur/Capri/and Mustang in Trans Am he ran a solid 8.8 axle on those cars. He liked the dynamics and strength better. Ask those whiny BMW guys in Grand Am how well an old solid axle '05 Mustang handles (FR500C).

Just my opinion of course, but why add weight and complexity just for the bling factor if sayin you have IRS?

Don't worry, Ford will cave into the magazine complaints (even though testing proves that the solid does just as well) and eventually IRS the new 'Stang and it will not be any better and will be heavier. Hell, they got rid of the best truck suspension ever made (the Twin I Beam) mainly because of such complaints although it consistenly out performed and lasted longer than the less heavy duty competition. Look how well the Gen 1 Lightnings handled with smaller tires.

Last edited:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
if indeed the gt500 is pulling lap times the same as the c6 on most courses who is going to care about the live axle, extra weight debate from the shelby doubters?

argue all all you want about specifics in handling and engineering. its not worth 2 cents. the next thing we can argue about is the difference between coilovers on the porsche and leaf springs on the vette.

Yea, younever hear about that. Why, because it is a F**KING Chevy!

Tony Alonso

Established Member
mrGT said:
Ford just has to see the benefit, financial and market, of procucing hi-po Mustangs between the GT and GT500....they just have to!

I believe Ford sees more benefit from having their own aftermarket performance and appearance parts that allow people to make their own. See the Ford Racing Performance Parts website.

The more I think about it, the less inclined I believe we will see anything beyond the California Special type of "special edition" for the next 2 model years. Appearance is probably what is selling more Mustangs at this point, rather than all-out performance. A look at the options for 2007 Mustangs seems to demonstrate this, other than the GT500, of course.

As much as I would love to see a GT350 in the low 30K range, I doubt it would make much financial sense, given Ford's current $$ situation. I was excited when I read the first story about a GT350 concept. After reading the Edmunds article, what I saw was a way to build on the heritage and marketing potential of a previous Shelby Mustang with a limited investment from Shelby Automotive. Future collectors will be happy when Hertz gets done with the cars.

Perhaps I am wrong. It would be cool to see something sooner rather than later. It would be even cooler if there was a GT350 without crazy mark-ups and with performance between the GT and GT500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread