GT vs BOSS vs GT500

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Hated to make a thread but I really am perplexed. I will probably be buying one of these in the next month or so, but the decision is really hard. Each car has so many pros and cons.

The way I am seeing this...

New GT Pros:

Less expensive, HID's, SYNC, Cushy interior stuff.

Cons:

Lots of them. Nothing special.

New BOSS Pros:

Track Key, Recaro's, Forged, 7500rpm, Not as many of them on the road

Cons:

No HID's, No SYNC, No cushy interior stuff.

USED GT500 Pros:

Easy to make more power, Cushy interior stuff, Looks the best (IMO)

Cons:

I would have to buy a used one (2010-2012) and still probably the most expensive option.

I must say that Ford is doing it right with the Mustangs right now b/c it really is a tough choice. I guess I need to stop looking at them in stock form b/c I doubt any of them would stay stock for very long. Would anyone mind bringing more facts and opinions to the table? 2013's coming out soon doesn't help anything other than lower prices on the 2012's.

Thanks! :beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
heres my list.

1. 11+ GT500 only. The earlier ones are not nearly as cool.

2. Boss - I put this # 2 because of the no leather/sync/crappy dash and so on.

3. Loaded Brembo manual GT. This is third because its not as fast, no forged internals but you can still make great safe power with it.

That would be my rating of which to buy.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
GT less expensive by far, and with the premium package it's not far off from the GT500 interiors package. The boss's out here have extremely high markups so I wouldn't get one especially since it wouldn't take much to have a gt push the same power. GT500, def a nice car but pricey! If money really isn't an issue obviously the GT500, if it is, then go with the gt. I can't stand all the striping on the boss but that's just my personal preference. It needs a stripe delete.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If I didn't need a convertible I would own a Boss period. Competition Orange, 7500rpms through side exhaust, launch control, Track key, M3 Raping power and handling with blue collar price tag, Big old fat daddy Solid Rear Axle that says "F-you this is how we do it in 'Merica" to all the euro trash loving magazine writers. Just look under the hood at that manifold, I could drink a lot beer looking at that manifold. I vote for The Boss.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Wouldn't even think of the gt. I'd probably go with the gt 500 more power can find under 2500 miles for 40s. Boss would be cool to have to test drive them and see

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Yeah to me the BOSS's are ugly with the stripes and wheels but that could be changed.

This won't be a DD. Just a weekend or road trip car. We've (wife and I) had a KB Terminator and a stock C5 Z06. We loved the KB Terminator for the ridiculous power and never really liked the Z06 at all. Thought about another Terminator but I really can't stand their interiors which is why the BOSS scares me.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
If I didn't need a convertible I would own a Boss period. Competition Orange, 7500rpms through side exhaust, launch control, Track key, M3 Raping power and handling with blue collar price tag, Big old fat daddy Solid Rear Axle that says "F-you this is how we do it in 'Merica" to all the euro trash loving magazine writers. Just look under the hood at that manifold, I could drink a lot beer looking at that manifold. I vote for The Boss.

LOL very well written. :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
all have their place in the community

GT is a DD car

Boss is a road racer

GT500 is a i drive it once and a while, thats all

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL @ the descriptions of each car, especially the GT500. Good description of each.

I've seen very low mileage 11-12 Shelby's sell recently in the low 40's. Also seem some new Boss 302's available at sane prices now but usually in the less desirable colors. Supply of regular GT's appears to be drying up so may be difficult to find exactly what you want new.

If I was looking for a toy it would probably be the GT500. Looks good, sounds good, goes good, and everybody treats it like a rock star.

Last edited:

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Or you could just be like me get a GT and mod it to hell just so you can make fun of Shelby and cobra owners after you just drug them down the track.

My fav "You got how much in that car just to get beat my a plain ole gt?!"

My SVT buddies hate me tho. Lol Jk

cobra1718

Established Member
owned all three. Now have the Boss. Its the best choice if you like a strong NA car that is unique. Went to a cruise in this past weekend. Of the 10-12 Mustang present there where several GTs. Next several GT500s and a total of 5 boss mustangs. 2 LS and 3 boss. I cant believe any Mustang guy would put Sync, leather seats and pretty lighting as one of the most important parts of your decisions on which car to own. Its about performance, If you want all the other stuff buy a BMW

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
owned all three. Now have the Boss. Its the best choice if you like a strong NA car that is unique. Went to a cruise in this past weekend. Of the 10-12 Mustang present there where several GTs. Next several GT500s and a total of 5 boss mustangs. 2 LS and 3 boss. I cant believe any Mustang guy would put Sync, leather seats and pretty lighting as one of the most important parts of your decisions on which car to own. Its about performance, If you want all the other stuff buy a BMW

My wife is involved here. I think the BOSS has me by the balls as of right now, though.

I keep thinking I'm settled on one then the other two sneak attack my mind.

H-Town, thats not fair. :burnout:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
BOSS. It is what I wanted, but they were still marked up 10 grand when I got my car.

Instead, I got a base GT Brembo and decided to make it run. I think the Boss is the best looking, and will be the most collectible of the three.

Mike

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I've had a 2011 Shelby and now a Boss. Love both of them for completely different reasons, the "better" car is completely subjective. You can't go wrong with either of these cars, both amazing machines. However, watch out for the dreaded 1-2 grind in the 2010+ Shelby's, it's a rampant problem. I had the same TR6060 transmission in my 08z, same problem, drove me nuts. I'll never own another car with a tr6060. I know some people have had some issues with the MT82 however mine has been flawless, love it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to help :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread