"GT500-lolz@MPG Build Thread"

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Hey guys, I have an ongoing build here. It will be a slow one as I spend easily over 6 months out of the year deployed so bare with me here. My current short term goal will is shoot for approx 700whp. Once I hit that target my next concern will be to lighten the vehicle to under 3600 lbs. Ill address the traction issue while reducing weight. Here is a mod list...

Update: Going back to Stock PP Wheels while I have the F14's powder coated. Ordering two Cobra Imola Pro seats and a rear seat delete kid within the following week for her diet. Ill have some pictures up within the first week of March. Ill keep you posted

-Mechanical Mods-
Tune: Lund Canned
Intake: JLT Carbon 127mm
Throttle Body: Stock
Blower/Pulley: Stock
Motor: Stock
Exhaust:ARH 1-7/8 Long Tubes w/ O/R H - Stainless Works Perf Connect w/ Resonators
Wheels: ForgeStar F14 (F)19x9 (R)19x11 - MT Street Radials 305's
Suspension: Eibach ProKit

-Aesthetic Mods-
Bobs Oil Seperator
Roush Side/Rear Splitters
Tinted Tail/Side marker lights
RTR Aluminum Rear Spoiler
10% Tint

Next modification - K Member, A arms, Rad Support, Carbon Fiber Transmission Tunnel (need to research this)

Sorry for the weird noises. I must not have had the GoPro mount tightened down all the way. Still sounds good, enjoy the videos guys! If you have good speakers crank the bass! :beer:
Edit: I had the waterproof cover on the GoPro otherwise the audio would have been much better in these videos. I posted a new video, 40-130 accel, 2nd gear 1/2 throttle and 3rd gear WOT.. Sounds gnarly!!

40-130
[youtube_browser]57XRKzlXxwI[/youtube_browser]

Interior
[youtube_browser]0cUWioY0IEw[/youtube_browser]

Exterior - 2:30 for WOT
[youtube_browser]9J7utohI0A0[/youtube_browser]

picture008.jpg

picture009.jpg

picture005.jpg

Products were neatly packed and separated by plenty of paper packing to ensure no metal on metal contact during shipment. I was excited and pulled one tip out a bit early.
picture002.jpg

Here are the welds on the tips. They look good although I think they could use a bit thicker beading, but then again it is not a high stress point.
picture006.jpg

picture007.jpg

picture003.jpg

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I was considering LT and OR H pipe with stock mufflers like your current setup. What didn't you like about it that caused you to add the SW pieces?

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Put the pipes on today, everything went relatively smooth. A side note for who ever is looking to purchase this setup, you will need 2 more additional clamps to mate the Cat-back up to the H pipe if you decide to go with the Performance Connect exhaust instead. My reasons for wanting this setup was because the stock cat-back would constantly rub against the axle all the time and also this setup really eliminates the rasp. The setup sounds even deeper than the stock cat-back and is certainly loud at partial and ridiculous at full throttle, although cruising at any speed the car sounds no different than completely stock. Also the car feels like it can breathe now! Free'd up a good bit of power throughout all RPM's.. Unfortunately my GoPro died will filming some shots for the stock cat-back, but by the end of the week Ill deff have some good videos!

scottGT500

Established Member
How would you compare the ARH headers to SW headers? I think that AR is the only header that has the H pipe option...which I would prefer.

You said that you have no rasp with the o/r H and basically a strait through designed SW catback? I had very bad rasp with my '04 Cobra with an o/r H with my stingers...it looks like the SW Catback has basically no muffler...so I am just verifying that there is NO RASP. I will probably jump all over this if I can get a header setup using an H pipe with the SW Catback if the sound is smooth and correct sounding...not like a tractor sound...

Thanks!

Scott

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
How would you compare the ARH headers to SW headers? I think that AR is the only header that has the H pipe option...which I would prefer.

You said that you have no rasp with the o/r H and basically a strait through designed SW catback? I had very bad rasp with my '04 Cobra with an o/r H with my stingers...it looks like the SW Catback has basically no muffler...so I am just verifying that there is NO RASP. I will probably jump all over this if I can get a header setup using an H pipe with the SW Catback if the sound is smooth and correct sounding...not like a tractor sound...

Thanks!

Scott

The SW Long Tubes are designed slightly different than ARH Long Tubes which leads to slight complications when lowering the '13+ GT500, some guys are having problems with the SW touching the steering shaft and what not (someone with more experience feel free to chime in on this)..
The reason that the SW Cat-Back is so good at reducing rasp is because the resonators are about 3 feet long and are closer to the engine. I went to a local Mustang meet and did a few fly by's with the guys and got tons of compliments, everyone said my car sounds incredible.. sadly my GoPro was dead :nonono: Also another note, the ARH Headers are one of the only setups that offer an H pipe, which necks down to 2 3/4". I brought my H pipe to an exhaust shop and had them cut off about 2" inches of the pipe (now the exhuast tips sit flush aginst the bumper) and bump up that section to a full 3" to mate up to the performance connect SW cat-back so now I have a true 3" setup! :beer:

Last edited:

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
One of the problems I had with the stock cat-back was far out the exhaust tips would stick out of the rear valance (about a good 2 inches). personally it was an eye sore, also I didn't want to cut down or mutilate any part of the OEM components.

I LOVE the look of the SW Cat-back
picture008.jpg

picture009.jpg

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Hmmm, that sucks about the stock pipes fitting differently. Seems like there's always going to be some sort of downside to every exhaust setup I consider.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Put the pipes on today, everything went relatively smooth. A side note for who ever is looking to purchase this setup, you will need 2 more additional clamps to mate the Cat-back up to the H pipe if you decide to go with the Performance Connect exhaust instead. My reasons for wanting this setup was because the stock cat-back would constantly rub against the axle all the time and also this setup really eliminates the rasp. The setup sounds even deeper than the stock cat-back and is certainly loud at partial and ridiculous at full throttle, although cruising at any speed the car sounds no different than completely stock. Also the car feels like it can breathe now! Free'd up a good bit of power throughout all RPM's.. Unfortunately my GoPro died will filming some shots for the stock cat-back, but by the end of the week Ill deff have some good videos!

You nailed the review IMO. Agree with everything.
I really like mine!
null_zps43852ccb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread