GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Good point on the Z06 sticker. And no lie, I didnt read the sticky. I actually expected around 100k from McKenna. Considering the above price for the 03 they had on their lot. Ill read the sticky, but has anyone found a dealer selling near MSRP?

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Ok, so Im a jackass. Just read the sticky post. I dont forsee a whole lot of these guys leavin the lots this year. Again, a tired old opinion no doubt

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
you know, the dealer i work at will sell closer to msrp (5k). but that kind of deal is for a repeat customer, which my store lives off of and takes care of. its a good place.

USBlueStage2

Established Member
Randolph NJ - Red Coupe White Stripes - $70,000 (45 + 25)- said they sold three already for 20 over, I think that's :bs:

Fastbackman

Established Member
01PonyGT said:
Good point on the Z06 sticker. And no lie, I didnt read the sticky. I actually expected around 100k from McKenna. Considering the above price for the 03 they had on their lot. Ill read the sticky, but has anyone found a dealer selling near MSRP?

I don't know of anymore msrp deals. I know a dealer who will be getting a white/blue coupe that I think will sticker a little under 44k and could probably be bought for 50k. It will be in Oklahoma though. If it's anything you're interested in, hit me with a pm and I'll get the details for you if it isn't already spoken for. Last time I checked it was available(approx. 2 weeks ago).

MINGREYCOBRA

Established Member
Red Gt 500 Coupe available !!!

Hi Guys ,

There was a ad for a couple of gt 500's in the local auto focus yesterday . I called on it and they have one left , a red coupe . First come first serve at 65,000 bid ones . If I had the dough , it would be mine !! I wasn't on any list nor have I been looking for one , just responded to a ad . Not sure of the name of the ford dealer , but they are located south of chicago in pecatonica ,IL. The number is 1-708-258-9200 . Hope somebody gets this fine automobile , I am too much in love with my 03 to go out on a limb for this one , but lookout in 3 years , I will be adding one to my stable .
Hope this helps somebody !

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Any serious GT500 purchasers should pop North and look at importing one from Canada.

While there are limited numbers and most are spoken for we have some different views on pricing. Essentally prices are going for MSRP, plus delivery and dealer prep that adds another $1500.

A fellow club member just picked up his new GT500 'vert and I got to see it at a show last weekend. Now don't quote me, but I believe the MSRP was around $51,000 can. So with your savings on the Canuck buck, sure beats the 75K price tag some have posted.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Sent an email to the GM of a dealership I'm working with. Calls me back, asks if I'd take 20-25k over sticker.."we sold the last one for 87k" he proclaims. Got the same song; only making 9k of them this year, not sure if they'll make the next year, blah blah blah.

Told him I'd give them MSRP and soak up all the ripoff options they could produce, like teflon paint treatment and such, even use their financing if it was competetive. Said he'd run it and see what he could do, call me back in a few days. That was.. 1.5 weeks ago.. Must be nice to be in a position to pick and choose your most highest profit customers like that. Not even being a 2x customer of the dealer held any leverage whatsoever :(

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
It Is Sold!

03snakerush said:
I went down to Walnut Creek Ford a couple days ago and saw their first GT500 on the showroom floor. WOW!... Great looking car. Black on black, stripe delete on both the sides and the top, just the shaker 500 system, sat-radio, and man does that thing look like a stealth machine. The mark-up was $25,750 and when I started laughing at the salesman about that he said and I quote, " yeah I know..." I had already spoke on the phone with the fleet manager about their supply coming in versus the number of people interested in the car at that time, and he told me they had "about 40" people in line. When I told the sales guy about that I turned around and said I dont see any of those 40 people here do you? He just kind of said yeah but that's the price the G.M has set. Oh well, price aside that car looks great and I really want one. I will buy one- but it wont be for a while I guess. Anyone local here should go take a peak, because that thing looks bad-ass!!:rockon:

It is bad-ass and I have riden in it. My buddy bought it right of the showroom floor a little over a week ago. And, it caused me to buy one last weekend :beer: Most dealers are only getting a couple, they will push to sell for as much as possible. I agree the prices seem steep, but it is the 1st Shelby Mustang since 1970 and probably the last. IMO there is no comparing that to a ZO6. I saw a 67 Shelby not running from a barn that is selling for 100k+ on ebay, with lots of bidders.

BTW this car is just mindblowing to drive and own. It is a great all around roadcar.

Here is the one I picked up.

62_4.JPG

SHLB500

SNAKE BIT
Black coupe fully optioned for $58,000 CDN , should be in this fall.
Ford hasn't pulled the build sheet yet so I hope it's soon ?,
put down $1000 in July 2005 , order options in April ,dealer says it's a go.
I CAN'T WAIT !!!!
----------------------------------------------
owned
71 Mustang grande
78 Mustang King Cobra
88 Yamaha V-max
to mention a few

own
98 Jeep TJ
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi

WAITING ------------
07 SHELBY GT500 !!!!!!

HAVE BEEN READING THIS SITE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS , GREAT INFO
& ENTERTAINING REPLY'S

03snakerush

Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
It is bad-ass and I have riden in it. My buddy bought it right of the showroom floor a little over a week ago. And, it caused me to buy one last weekend :beer: Most dealers are only getting a couple, they will push to sell for as much as possible. I agree the prices seem steep, but it is the 1st Shelby Mustang since 1970 and probably the last. IMO there is no comparing that to a ZO6. I saw a 67 Shelby not running from a barn that is selling for 100k+ on ebay, with lots of bidders.

BTW this car is just mindblowing to drive and own. It is a great all around roadcar.

Here is the one I picked up.

62_4.JPG

Congrats man!:beer: Hope to see you driving around the area and if you do, I'm one of 3 guys in this area(concord/ w.c.) who own black 2003 Cobras. Hope you enjoy!!

Last edited:

03snakerush

Established Member
firemedic said:
Any serious GT500 purchasers should pop North and look at importing one from Canada.

While there are limited numbers and most are spoken for we have some different views on pricing. Essentally prices are going for MSRP, plus delivery and dealer prep that adds another $1500.

A fellow club member just picked up his new GT500 'vert and I got to see it at a show last weekend. Now don't quote me, but I believe the MSRP was around $51,000 can. So with your savings on the Canuck buck, sure beats the 75K price tag some have posted.

I attemped to secure one of those Canadian GT500's and was informed that the governing body for Canadian motor vehicles (Transport Canada) prohibits sales of any motor vehicle for importing into the United States. If anyone has any factual info to contradict that, please let me know, but that's what I was informed of through e-mail inquiry.

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
$70,00 GT500 in Las Vegas

This is nothing new but I thought I would let everybody know what the GT500 sold for here in Las Vegas.
I went to the Ford dealer today where I bought my Roush and ran into the salesman who sold me my car.I asked if he had any GT500's and he said no.They had three and everyone of them sold for $25,000 over sticker.
I'm glad I didnt take some bad advice when I bought the Roush and wait for the GT500 to hit the floor.
After my Kenne Bell install I will have 42,000 wrapped up in the fully loaded Stage 1 Roush and run high 11's.
Dont get me wrong the Shelby is bad as heck but just way out of my league as far as price.IMO the Roush looks just as good plus the wheels arent fugly.:xpl:

bannana_roush.gif
bannana_roush.gif
bannana_roush.gif
bannana_roush.gif

SVT4ME

Established Member
That's just crazy. Once again it boils down to money but man that still seems like a ripoff. But am not a hater, it is a nice car with some instant fans with the Shelby branding.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BigRick said:
After my Kenne Bell install I will have 42,000 wrapped up in the fully loaded Stage 1 Roush and run high 11's.
but you still have a GT engine with a body kit and no warranty.

rskdsk

Established Member
Local guy wants 60K for his 2006 shelby vert ... deal?

There is a guy here who has the rights to a 2007 white shelby cobra convertible ... he said 60K takes it ... deal or not? Car is in dealership.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Depends on how bad you want it. As the saying goes, something is only worth what a person is willing to pay.

My personal opinion is hell no.

Users who are viewing this thread