Guys/Ladies from NC get in here, Your help is needed!

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
CLICK

Stop front license plate bill in the NC Senate. Please read the link posted above, at least the first page!!!

Thanks for your help.........

Anthony

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
We have front plates here in Maryland. It's so the State Troopers have something to aim at with their laser guns as you enter into one of their revenue enhancement traps.

Bullitt1171

Established Member
Virginia was looking at getting rid of them last year in order to save millions, yes millions, of dollars.

However, the State Police went and plead their case in front of our state legislature about how front plates are needed for safety reasons. Yes, total BS, but the lawmakers believed them. We still have the crappy front plates.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The laser explanation sounds about right since the NCSHP just started using laser...especially in the work zones. Plus, don't the state charge more for double plates than for a single??? More revenue!!!

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I;m getting some STAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
going to mail those letters tomorrow!! lets stop this from happening! Thanks for letting us know!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
We have a front plate law in Texas ... I for one would gladly pay what I am paying now if they would repeal the front plate requirement law. I would look at it as paying for the privilage of NOT having to put it on LOL

SeankySnake

Established Member
Just plain stupid

Over the years that I have grown up in NC each year I find just one more reason to move to Myrtle Beach, SC. With the nations 1st or 2nd highest gas tax, registration fee's, Highway utility tax, and 30.00 for a .97 stamped license plate is just plain RETARDED!!!!!! What purpose does the front plate serve? I'll be damned if I'm going to put 2 or more hole on the front of my
03 Cobra. As a state I couldn't emagine how much it is going to cost us. Last year I bought a 85GT and registered it, I payed 30.00 for the plate, 144.00 for the Highway utility tax, and 30.00 in registeration fees. I DON'T think 204.00 is worth paying just to get a plate for a vehicle. A 144.00 highway utility tax and we have been driving on jacked up roads for the last 10-15 years and are getting worse. :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm:
NC Goverment is a JOKE!!!!:burn:

I don't understand the point of a front license plate other than a waste of money that the state currently is in a diere need of as we speak!:poke:

Rusty

slick4_6

Established Member
SeankySnake said:
30.00 for a .97 stamped license plate is just plain RETARDED!!!!!!

You think thats bad, I paid $50 for a personal plate. $22 extra just to have the letters I wanted put on there is ridiculous. Each year all I get is a new sticker to go on the plate that was made about 4 years ago.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Thanks guys for your support.

I'm not the person who started this "campaign", a friend of mine from NCeuro.org did. I'm just trying to get the word out to all NC residents to try and stop this.

Please follow this link and show your support. It has all the e-mail address, phone numbers, fax # and reg address so that you can contact each sentor and let them know you're opposed to this bill.

Maybe our voice can be heard.................if we all unite.

Also feel free to start a thread on this subject on any local forum to help get the word out.

http://nceuro.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6820 (copy and paste on any forum.)

Thanks again,
Anthony

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got this from the Sentor that proposed the bill.

----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: RE: Requesting information regarding NC Senate Bill 673

>Thank you for your email and for weighing in on the dual license plate
issue. I filed SB 673 because law enforcement backed it and felt that
it would have significant benefits in terms of public safety. In
receiving the fiscal impact statement this week, I do not feel that the
potential benefits are worth the cost of implementation -- an argument many individuals who wrote to me made as well. For this reason, I am not pursuing the bill. NC will remain a single tag state. Thanks for your active involvement.
>
>Janet Cowell

Users who are viewing this thread