Hair Drug Test Opinions

04mysticvert

Established Member
A friend of mine just had an job offer. He never uses any drugs, but about 3 weeks ago, he smoked some pot. He hit it 3 times and asked me if I thought he would pass the hair drug test. I am not sure but would like the opinions of you guys. He did not know he would get the job as it was a last minute decision. Info about him-
5'9
175lbs (Lifts weights and exercises everyday)
Never smoked prior to this one time

Thoughts?

kornflake7

Established Member
Shave his head, honestly I have no clue but I heard it can be traced back a couple years or something like that. I was around a lot of people that smoked/hotboxed the car etc but never hit it myself and never had a problem passing it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
3. What time period does hair testing cover?
For head hair, Omega?s standard window of detection is 90 days. However, longer and shorter timeframes are possible. Body hair samples are noted as an approximately 12 month timeframe.

Omega Laboratories - Hair Testing FAQ

They can take hair from any part of the body. So, if he shaves his head, still other parts to take the hair sample from.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Your friend or you? Hmmmm

He is probably screwed Or you can always say he smoked it in Colorado.

Sent from my office in the Bureau using my iJesusPhone

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Like someone else mentioned, if he shaves his head they will take hair from another part of the body. I have two friends who work in the oil industry and had hair tests done and the testers said that they will take armpit hair and even pubic hair if they have to.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Like someone else mentioned, if he shaves his head they will take hair from another part of the body. I have two friends who work in the oil industry and had hair tests done and the testers said that they will take armpit hair and even pubic hair if they have to.

What if you are csd?

Sent from my office in the Bureau using my iJesusPhone

04mysticvert

Established Member
Im a teacher, definitely a friend of mine. So basically, even though it was once and a small amount, he will not pass? Just want to be sure before I inform him.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I have two friends who work in the oil industry and had hair tests done and the testers said that they will take armpit hair and even pubic hair if they have to.

What if you just so happen to shave EVERYTHING?

He never uses any drugs, but about 3 weeks ago, he smoked some pot

I always find this type of statement funny. If he smoked pot (even just once only taking 3 hits), he used drugs. Stop trying to defend him, he's probably screwed and he only has himself to blame.

04mysticvert

Established Member

I always find this type of statement funny. If he smoked pot (even just once only taking 3 hits), he used drugs. Stop trying to defend him, he's probably screwed and he only has himself to blame.

I was saying he never used prior to, not defending anyone. Just relaying the information he gave me.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member

I always find this type of statement funny. If he smoked pot (even just once only taking 3 hits), he used drugs. Stop trying to defend him, he's probably screwed and he only has himself to blame.[/QUOTE
]

Lol me too. I thought the same thing when I read it.

starnsey

Established Member
They typically take 1.5" of head hair which is the equivalent of 3 months of data. So if you used any substance in that time period, it'll show up. If you shave your head, they'll take it from your armpit which will likely even go further back. If you shave your armpit, they'll take it from somewhere else. If you shave your entire body, well they'll probably not even bother telling you you're a moron

*by "you" I mean the general "you"

FIVEHOE

Established Member
So by "my friend" you mean "myself". Good luck on the hair test. I think the best course of action is to go in there Walter white style, except shave the eyebrows for good measure.

Machdup1

Established Member
He never uses any drugs, but about 3 weeks ago, he smoked some pot. He hit it 3 times and asked me if I thought he would pass the hair drug test. I am not sure but would like the opinions of you guys. He did not know he would get the job as it was a last minute decision. Info about him-
5'9
175lbs (Lifts weights and exercises everyday)
Never smoked prior to this one time

Thoughts?

He is done, withdraw the application.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
LOL...your friend....lol

yeh, you're the first guy to ever say that here.

...my friend just got an std and.....

but to answer your question, yes, 3 weeks will show. i administered hair tests as a supervisor with Microsoft and it would show for 6 months or at least thats what the testing facility said.

your *******ed. i mean your friend. lolololololololol good one!

Last edited:

usmc320

Established Member
The company obviously doesn't want to hire drug users which your "friend" obviously is. He will probably fail and rightfully so.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
He is done, withdraw the application.

Why would he do that? Might as well take the test and see what happens if he really wants the job. It's not like they're not going to arrest him or something if he fails.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I always find this type of statement funny. If he smoked pot (even just once only taking 3 hits), he used drugs.
+1
"My friend has never done drugs but the other day he freebased coke. Will he pass his drug test to become a walmart greeter?"

Blackness03

Established Member
I JUST got done taking one. took it an hour ago. I cut my hair over the weekend (#2 shave) and they shaved it off the back of my head. Now I have to go home and make it look right. I don't smoke, but I heard it goes back 3 months and that it takes more then one time to show up during a hair test. But that's just what I heard

Users who are viewing this thread