Hans Racecraft Subframe question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Hey Fellahs,

I know these are no longer produced, but if I find a set available...

Are there any differences between thier subframes for coupe or convertible?
I noticed on their website (Hans Racecraft - Products > Mustang) that they have different part numbers for coupe / vert, but from the pics they appear the same.

Does anyone know for sure if they are different / the same?

Thanks,

Marc

Established Member
Good Set! I am getting them installed next week. There is a member here selling them right now. I don't know his screen name here, ("Mr Pork" maybe) or you can find him on Homepage under the screen name Mr Pork. He has them for a good price too!

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Cool, thanks fellahs! I sent an email to the Hans site, so I'll see what they have to say about differences ~ if they reply.

black 10th vert

Established Member
There is a slight difference in the length, but I bought a set that were intended for a coupe, and modified them for my convertible. Just had to cut about 1", or so off the fronts of the round tubes, and re-weld some discs on to cap the tubes off again to keep water out. The length needs to be trimmed just to clear the extra bracing under the k-member that the verts have, otherwise you would have to remove that brace, which I didn't want to do. I'm not sure why Hans didn't just make them all the same (to fit the verts), because the extra that gets cut off serves no structural purpose anyway, so it would have made for much easier inventory by just having 1 part number instead of 2.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
The Gen 1 design was different for coupe and convertible.

The Gen 2 design was the same for coupe and convertible.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Great product! Have one on mine :)

+1

Night and day difference on my convertible with the Hans.

I think I paid $480 for them on a group buy.

Manny charged me $150 to out them in, said the next set would cost double :lol1:

Enjoy.

-Brian

Ryushin

Established Member
Mine did not fit right and I had to send them back (though that seems to be very rare). They are awfully heavy though. I didn't weigh them but I would guess around 70-80 pounds between the two. After it was all said and done, I has a custom set made out of chromoly and they ended up weighing 26lbs total.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
The Gen 1 design was different for coupe and convertible.

The Gen 2 design was the same for coupe and convertible.

How can you tell if you are getting a Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Also, for the price, would it be worthwhile to just get a custom set done. Or just spend the time to track down a set of Hans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread