Has anyone had to replace the alternator yet?

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that has had an alternator go out with just under 40,000 miles on the Terminator. Seems pretty crappy being that the one in my Honda has lasted nearly 200,000 and most of that with a big stereo system.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Don't want to jinx myself, but I'm running the original alternator (knock on wood). 30,000 miles

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Replacing the alternator is a common maintenance item unfortunately. If you're looking for a replacement, go with either the Ford alternator, or go heavy duty with a Start N' Charge. Best alternator option IMO. Go to the bottom on my home page for more info on the Start N' Charge. Stang Shifter Gaskets

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm glad you posted Bob!
I need another shifter gasket.
After 5 years with many many shifter removals mine is showing some wear.
I'll hit your website to order.
Thanks for a great product!

-

johnnybusa

Established Member
Hey bob how much for and start 'n' charge alternator for my 03 cobra also when i order one do i have to tell them its all stock...or it doesn't matter.thanks johnny

CobraMac

Established Member
Hahaha I thought this was a joke at first. Yah mine went out but after a lot of miles so i felt lucky. Threw a new one on myself! :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
My stocker has 44,000 miles...I'm thinkin' about switchin' it out now just for preventative maintenance...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
had to change my OEM alternator with about 65k on the clock.. one of the bushings was going out on it and squealing like a pig.. got a lifetime warranty replacement from Kragen so if it goes out again, it's free except for the time to replace it..

johnnybusa

Established Member
what brand of alternator is everyone using and were is a good place to get it from and also which one has warranty...

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I had my stock rebuilt at my local shop that has a lifetime warranty as long as I own the car. I have 37,000 miles BTW and I did this about 3,000 miles ago.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I just had to replace mine @ 45k .,. after all the ones I have heard go bad,., I thought that was pretty good :thumbsup:

on a side note .,., how do you jack your car up :shrug: with it being soo low??
its awesome.,. I was just wondering

DSC00501b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread