Have you put your car up for the winter yet?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Or the title of this thread could be "Warm weather trolls come on in". Because it always happens. First person to post "what winter?" in this thread is a Planter :-D

Back on topic - It's December 1st and I'm stilling hanging in there - I was even able to go out for a nice back roads cruise with the top down on Thanksgiving. Global warming FTW. I'm keeping an eye on the long term forecast and so far so good in my area. Hoping to get out a few more times at least, could possibly even make it to Christmas if I get really lucky.

Last edited:

Kel

Established Member
Held out til the week before Thanksgiving...with the stock Goodyears, that's about it for western PA (hard to believe no stay yet and it's 12/2!). No cruising and all the temptations of Cyber Monday, Christmas deals, and cruising the internet for parts now for the next several months til spring, ha.

madscotsman

Established Member
Drove my RS3 to work this morning. 35 degrees and I still have the original Cooper Rs3 Summer tires on it :eek:. Supposed to get some snow here this morning/afternoon (Leaving Early LOL). I plan to get all season Continental DSW 06's after next summer. My car is a daily driver, but I can drive my wife's Optima this winter when it snows since she works from home. Wish I could afford a second car but mortgage, 2 car payments, and student loans doesn't make that possible right now.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Never have, never will. I drive my cars. If it's too bad to be out and about I'll just stay home altogether. :beer:

sdoo500

Established Member
Washed and waxed my GT Thanksgiving weekend and stuffed it in the garage. Rainy here all this week and that was really the only chance I was going to have to spend the day cleaning it and put it away right.

Going to be a long couple months!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
No snow yet in my area of Ohio and supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees this weekend.

Looks like I will be adding miles to my Shelby.:-D

Maustang

Established Member
No, but apparently the battery said yes.
I just drove it 4 days ago, went out to start her up yesterday and the battery was dead.
The highs have only been around 18-19 degrees the last few days I think that's what finally did her in.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I don't put them away for winter, had the 11 out on Black Friday, will take the 14 out this weekend.
No snow & no salt = driving !!

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Put her away Thanksgiving day. We had about 4 inches of snow a few days before Thanksgiving, resulting in a nice coat of salt all over the southeast MI roads. It's all melted now, but it's too damn cold to safely drive around with the stock pirelli's anyways.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm hoping mine gets here by my birthday Friday, then I plan on driving it this weekend. Temperatures in the mid 50's.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Mines been mothballed since the last time I drive it... Think that was July. :bored:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Once first snow hits, that salt is there until a few good spring rains. Surprised your going to do that to your Z06 that I believe you said came from the west coast.

Did it with my last C6 & guess what, no damage! We get rain in winter too. ;) It's a car, it will not melt & it's not made of steel so it won't rust even if I did drive it in salt. I bought it to drive, not collect dust. I've had it for about 3-4 months now & have put over 2k miles on it so far & I work from home. I just drive with nowhere to go sometimes because I enjoy the car. :)

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I guess us without a severe/wet winter are lucky.

I wait all year for winter to get here. Temps are in the low fifties/high forties, sunny, dry. Car feels like it picked up 50HP from summertime.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
About to put a set of snow tires on mine actually...But its a SHO lol

The Cobra got put away for salt season, but I drove it right up until then!

Users who are viewing this thread