Header and Midpipe Question

2001stngGT

Established Member
Hey guys..Im new to the forum but Im gonna start out by asking about something thats been bothering me forever...I have BBK shorty headers on my car and an SLP catted x pipe..the question is that the driver side does not seem to line up really..The guys at the local muffler shop have fooled with it so much and it never really fixes the problem..they even made a new flange for the midpipe..it helped alot but sound is still distinctively heard from outside and inside car...Has any1 had this problem or possibly could tell me what there is to do to fix it...Thanks

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
i had the same problem with my x pype.. did u try using and exhaust donut to fix the leak cause thats what i used and it hasent leaked since ive put it in

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
i bought my locally u can get it at any part store.. the one i have expands when it gets hot and it basically seals all the leaks iam not 100 % sure if thats right but ik that they deffinetly work it will only cost u about 10 bucks so its worth a try

2001stngGT

Established Member
mine has a very annoying leak at the driver side...i have seen it on the rack and you can see where it doesnt cover the bbk headers all the way...maybe i just got ahold of a bad one

Users who are viewing this thread