Heavy or mild polish??? (Pics)

Scott P

Established Member
Wow...a lot of activity on this new thread, I like to see it!

Optimum Hyper Compound is wicked stuff, Like Poorboy's SSR3, it is meant for really heavy paint correction, like polishing out wet sanding scratches. The PC is simply just not a strong enough machine to do effectively use either one of those compounds.

Optimum Compound is great stuff. It is a bit stronger than Poorboy's SSR2.5 and finishes down almost as well. The Optimum products have a long working time, so you really need to go fast on the PC speed (Speed 6) and slow on your passes. When used with an Orange Light Cutting pad, it should remove the vast majority of those defects.

I'd follow that up with Optimum Polish on a White Polishing pad. Again, work the product at speed 6 with slow passes. That should give you a clean and polished surface that is ready for your choice of wax or sealant.

MarlboroMan

Established Member
Scott P said:
Wow...a lot of activity on this new thread, I like to see it!

Optimum Hyper Compound is wicked stuff, Like Poorboy's SSR3, it is meant for really heavy paint correction, like polishing out wet sanding scratches. The PC is simply just not a strong enough machine to do effectively use either one of those compounds.

Optimum Compound is great stuff. It is a bit stronger than Poorboy's SSR2.5 and finishes down almost as well. The Optimum products have a long working time, so you really need to go fast on the PC speed (Speed 6) and slow on your passes. When used with an Orange Light Cutting pad, it should remove the vast majority of those defects.

I'd follow that up with Optimum Polish on a White Polishing pad. Again, work the product at speed 6 with slow passes. That should give you a clean and polished surface that is ready for your choice of wax or sealant.

There you are. I was wondering if I ordered those 2 optimum products from your website how long they would take to get to SoCal.

my01ws6

Established Member
LOL actually I have four sets of 1000watt lights I ues to do my detailing then I have a portable UV light to make sure it is spotless! LoL in the garage its clean! i dont think I missed one single scratch! Im a little obsessed tho...I have probably like 300 different cleaning supplies...I have more cleaning stuff then tools 0_o!!

I clean my car daily...if its just a little dust I use the california duster...if alot...I use a detail spray and microfibers....if it rained on my car I wash it, clay it, look for scratches...if any...polish, then glaze then wax and start all over the next week LOL.

Basically its the price you pay for a black car and wanting it to look nice daily! Especially if its a daily driver like mine with 60k+ miles!

I would like to try Zaino...havent tried that yet...I hear it does wonders for black..

Hell if you want it to look brand new....use 3000 grit sand paper and then throw a rotary on it!

Last edited:

66temp

Established Member
Make sure to work in the optimum polish until it breaks down in order to ensure the complete removal of the "micro" marring that you are encountering...Sometimes it will take 3-5 minutes on an 18" x 18" section at speed 6 to completely break down OP due to all of the lubricants that it contains, Don't be afraid to really work in the polish, start with moderate to heavy pressure, making sure to move slow, and then gradually decrease the pressure and you can begin to move faster over the section in order to generate a little more heat, but remember, too much heat is bad! (but on the PC you really don't run the risk of burning the CC or anything)

Users who are viewing this thread