Hellcat Priced at $59k

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. DBK (who is 99% on the mark with Ford leaks) has basically said Ford isn't going to be announcing anything soon that will out power the Hellcat.

Ford proved themselves already with the 13/14 '500s. They are stepping away from the big hp game and moving onto vehicles that handle and offer more driver enjoyment, as apparent with the popularity of the Boss 5.0's. I wouldnt expect them to venture into a 600+hp car for a few years, if they ever do so again. While I love the idea of the Hellcat, it is a few years late to the game. The 392's were always playing catch up and while this gives them a 50hp advantage, I feel this is still the case, especially with the lack of aftermarket due to Dodges nearly un-crackable ECU's and lack of support for tuners like SCT/Diablow. Youre gonna have a car thats ready to make an extra 50whp with a mere $500-1k spent but you gotta wait 2-3 years for the tuning side to catch up so you can actually install pulleys and get any gains from boltons.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
their GPECIII ECUs were cracked last year

It is so weird why people continue to make claims about tuning issues. With the ECU cracked, tuning will be available quickly for this car. Given that this is the new BMOC fro the time being, tuners will jump all over this car.

Gravik

Established Member
I think this price is missing gas guzzler and destination but it is included in the GT500 price it appears? So tack on another 3-4k for a true base price car. That is my assumption.

Hotrod article said the gas guzzler tax was included in that price tag.

Today Dodge announced that the Hellcat will have a starting MSRP of $59,995. Not pennies, to be sure, but that’s a heck of a lot of 10.80 ETs on slicks for the money. The list price includes the gas guzzler tax ($2,100 gas-guzzler tax; $1,700 if you get the eight-speed automatic), but doesn’t include destination fees, or what we expect will be a hefty dealer mark-up.

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/dodge-annou...ot-what-you-guessed-128243.html#ixzz37f6mI7VA
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Like I said earlier... this is all great news for all car lovers no matter what brand you are loyal to! It gives both Ford and GM something to think about.
They might have to step things up some, which benefits all of us!

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Ford proved themselves already with the 13/14 '500s. They are stepping away from the big hp game and moving onto vehicles that handle and offer more driver enjoyment, as apparent with the popularity of the Boss 5.0's. I wouldnt expect them to venture into a 600+hp car for a few years, if they ever do so again. While I love the idea of the Hellcat, it is a few years late to the game. The 392's were always playing catch up and while this gives them a 50hp advantage, I feel this is still the case, especially with the lack of aftermarket due to Dodges nearly un-crackable ECU's and lack of support for tuners like SCT/Diablow. Youre gonna have a car thats ready to make an extra 50whp with a mere $500-1k spent but you gotta wait 2-3 years for the tuning side to catch up so you can actually install pulleys and get any gains from boltons.
Eh. I think if the Hellcat flies off dealer lots (which it will at 59k), Ford will ready a true GT500 successor to go alongside the GT350. Maybe still not at 700+ but close.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Like I said earlier... this is all great news for all car lovers no matter what brand you are loyal to! It gives both Ford and GM something to think about.
They might have to step things up some, which benefits all of us!

The problem is 90% of this site can't see things that way with their blinders on.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I still don't see any reason for butthurt, a base 13-14 Shelby was what $54k.. and ran alittle slower. Yes I know NHRA's "official time" is 11.8 for the shelby, but owners have hit mid 11s on street tires, and low 11s on drag radials. The difference between the two isn't as big as so many make it sound. 6 speed vs 6 speed will be a driver's race more than likely. The auto will be the one to watch for.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
their GPECIII ECUs were cracked last year
Do you know something about the PCM in the Hellcat that I dont ? :)

The GPECII used in the 11-14 cars is indeed tuneable, but nobody seems to know what PCM is in the Hellcat yet, and there's a good chance it will be a new PCM. I hope not, but it seems likely ;)

Either way, I can;t wait to slap a pulley on one and see what its got with some extra boooost.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
So do we think the 6MT will perform close to the auto?

That depends entirely on the driver.

Do I think the manual has any chance of bettering the auto? Hell no. No way you out shift a computer.

It could be close though.

Do you know something about the PCM in the Hellcat that I dont ? :)

The GPECII used in the 11-14 cars is indeed tuneable, but nobody seems to know what PCM is in the Hellcat yet, and there's a good chance it will be a new PCM. I hope not, but it seems likely ;)

Either way, I can;t wait to slap a pulley on one and see what its got with some extra boooost.

You lie!!!!!!

Everyone knows that tuning Chrysler products is impossible.

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
What I think is crazy is that we all know that the dealers will be adding on 5 to 15 thousand on these cars and there are Chevy dealers out there now that will sell you a 2015 Zo6 at sticker and guarantee you a car with a $2000 deposit.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Nobody can make anything better than ford. End thread.

Lol

Seems like some people always look for the different angles to justify their own opinions. Got to love it.

I'm excited about this car and can't wait to see how the other two respond if at all?!

Users who are viewing this thread