Hellion single turbo and 4" radiator help.......

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Hello, I have a small problem and was wondering if any turbo guys out there have run into the same problem. My mechanic is trying to install a hellion single turbo kit with a 78mm comp turbo. The car has a 4" Evans racing radiator in it and he believes there will be clearance issues. Has anyone run into this problem and fixed it? Going back to a stock radiator is an option but I would like to avoid it. The problem specifically is with the fan attached to the radiator. He said he would have to trim it, or replace it with a smaller one. Any help on this would be great because the build is in progress as we speak. Thanks everyone.

Richie

***Update***
I'm not trying to revive a dead thread but Just in case anyone else had encountered the same problem, I came up with s few solutions. With the setup outlined in my original post, a Mishimoto 97b radiator will fit. Just like TRBOVNM said, the radiator needs to be moved forward, by notching the brackets. I also trimmed some unneeded plastic from the front of the fan shroud. Then I had to trim some of the back of the fan shroud to accomadate the 4" down pipe. If anyone runs into this problem in the future, I can post up some pictures or answer questions. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

You can shift the radiator forward a little. I don't know if it is enough to clear the fan/turbo, but I know with a fluidyne or others similar they have shifted the radiator forward and that cleared the turbo. trimming fan shroud may be required. I am not sure about your radiator though.

And I am not sure about your turbo. Normally it is a 76mm. I do know they have had a 88mm fit with the stock radiator.

C666

Established Member
Jegs for the pusher trimming the fan is fine if done right no one will notice pushing the Rad fwd is fine too do what you think looks best I did a pusher cleans up the engine bay a bit imo

Users who are viewing this thread