HELP: Cobra Brake Calipers

Vinny96GT

Slammed96GT
Established Member
Does caliper have any hope?? These calipers were free so I couldn't pass the deal up. In the bleeder hole there is a banjo bolt in there, and it got stuck and they tried to remove it with no luck and burged it up pretty good. I took it to a machine shop and they said get a new one. Do yal have any suggestions??

DSC01430.jpg

Also has anyone had any experience with NAPA's Remanfactured Calipers?? Let me know something.

:shrug:

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
Okea tell you what. If you want to keep it, then get a big enough drill bit to drill it out. Get a Tap and Die set . Re-thread the bleeder valve hole and find a big enough bleeder valve to fit that hole (which I do'nt see you finding one).

OTHERWISE, I say you trash it. Good luck tho.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
If it was any other piece of aluminum, I would say you could save it...but chances are once you get an easy-out in there and run a tap through it that puppy will leak.

Leaks on a brake system aren't fun. I would say trash it. Napa might accept it for a core :) when you place an order for replacement calipers. I have had nothing but good luck with NAPA parts, including calipers and master cylinders.

Vinny96GT

Slammed96GT
Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
If it was any other piece of aluminum, I would say you could save it...but chances are once you get an easy-out in there and run a tap through it that puppy will leak.

Leaks on a brake system aren't fun. I would say trash it. Napa might accept it for a core :) when you place an order for replacement calipers. I have had nothing but good luck with NAPA parts, including calipers and master cylinders.

When you did the exchange on the calipers did they come back saying Cobra??

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't have to send out my Cobra calipers at Napa, but I would imagine they would have them, just like any other type.

green99_svt

Established Member
for the price of reman cobra calipers from napa i suggest buying a pair from www.buyfordracing.com, they sell the bullit, 10th aniv, or black cobra front calipers for 218 a pair. napa offerss quality reman parts and ive always had good luck. but i priced them out once and they were i want to say like 150 each. or you can pick up the 2000 r front kit for 899

Last edited:

Vinny96GT

Slammed96GT
Established Member
green99_svt said:
for the price of reman cobra calipers from napa i suggest buying a pair from www.buyfordracing.com, they sell the bullit, 10th aniv, or black cobra front calipers for 218 a pair. napa offerss quality reman parts and ive always had good luck. but i priced them out once and they were i want to say like 150 each. or you can pick up the 2000 r front kit for 899

Napa's price is $52 a caliper, that is when you give them your caliper.

Vinny96GT

Slammed96GT
Established Member
Got the bolt out. Now I have to get a tap to clean the threads so i can put in the bleeder screw. I'll post pics soon.

:EDIT:

Here is pic:

DSC01439.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread