Help finding an address of the guy who rear ended me

assasyn

Established Member
So today after work, I was driving my wife's previous car to sell it to Carmax. On the way there I got rear ended by some ghetto as punk and his girl. It wasn't a big bump but I'm thinking; get the guys info and tell him that if they dealer gives me what I want, no harm no foul. It's your lucky day.

I motion to pull over and he keeps going. Blood pressure went up a little. I get in the car and merge back into traffic and I see him starting to weave through. 290 W feeder is a parking lot at this time. I managed to get next to him and tell him he hit me and he acts like I'm not there. Start laying on the horn.

Me: "Hey asshole you hit me. Let's take care of this"

Him: Unfazed. Looking ahead. Girl looking ahead. (Their window was down a little.) He takes off.

Blood pressure up more.

Catch him again.

I get out of the car this time and try to talk to him again.

Nothing.

Me: I went on a profanity laden tirade get his plate number and he takes off this time and cuts through a parking lot and I lose him.

I have his plate and vehicle description. I'd like to go ask him if he would like to take care of this.

Any help?

assasyn

Established Member
FWIW

Damage isn't bad, but bad enough where I need to buff and fill the back bumper and canceled my appointment to bring it to the dealer.

assasyn

Established Member
I find it a little strange that I'm still trying to be cool about this and not get the police involved for such little damage, but I guess that's what I'm going to do. I found this info below. By the looks of the guy and his actions, it wouldn't surprise me if he already had priors.

Hit and run involving damage to an occupied vehicle is a Class C misdemeanor – with a fine of up to $500 – if the damage to all vehicles is less than $200, and it is a Class B misdemeanor, up to six months in a county jail, if the damage is more than $200. The same penalties apply for hitting a parked car and leaving and for damaging fixtures or landscaping without stopping or reporting.

A conviction also may result in the suspension of your driver’s license, especially if the crash caused serious injury or death.

You can reasonably expect to receive probation, or community supervision, in a hit and run case, provided it is a first offense, no one was killed, and you have not previously been convicted of a felony. Otherwise, you may have to serve at least a short term in jail or prison if convicted.

ViciousJay

Established Member
dude that blows, i hope he gets the book thrown at him, make sure in court you smile and wave at his dumb ass

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Why would he want to take care of it now if he was pretending like it never happened at the time? :dw:

Definitely call the police on this one.

txyaloo

Established Member
SHANDREKA HARTLEY
15301 N W FREEWAY
APT 925
HOUSTON TX 77040

VIN 4A3AA46G92E003401

JAMMET HARTLEY lives there too.

Common

Established Member
OP, I would still call the police before doing this any other way. They obviously saw you and realized what they did, they wanted no part of making it right without the police.

assasyn

Established Member
OP, I would still call the police before doing this any other way. They obviously saw you and realized what they did, they wanted no part of making it right without the police.

I probably will. Wondering if I drop the girl a message that she might do the right thing since it's her car. She wasn't driving. Asshole boyfriend/boo might not have listened to her.

Common

Established Member
Wouldn't be fair. I already saw them. I wasn't expecting Mark and Sherry Smith to come up as the owner. LOL

I probably will. Wondering if I drop the girl a message that she might do the right thing since it's her car. She wasn't driving. Asshole boyfriend/boo might not have listened to her.

You are going above and beyond to be nice when they deserve no such thing. Call the police and let them do their job. Hit and run is points and a fine.

Just let the system deal with it man.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
......so you got rear-ended by another dude?

somebody had to.

sucks and yeah I'd call the police.

Users who are viewing this thread