Help ID'ing Cobra real or fake

Parick Harris

I would have been burned if I wanted a Cobra - If all I wanted was a muscle care for cheep then I think I done fine. - I need to switch to a group that into building cars, vs who bought the best factory build.

I got a clean low miles 95 GT with a 351W for 2K - I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Parick Harris

Around these parts, those are 1500-2500 cars all day long in very good condition.
Mods some times will bring g them up to 3500 .
He certainly did not get a deal , and with the issues he has , I stand by what I have said.
Just the 2 pictures he has posted, I would have walked away.
Red wire wrap , a Cobra intake with I am not sure , what that shit is on it , maybe paint .
Some one has thrown together ricer crap , a rattle canned intake , and stuck a couple emblems on it , and sold it to the unsuspecting , poorly educated.
Thus far , the PO has not listened to anything , not one word , of what others that do have knowledge , have told him.
I also believe we are being TROLLED .

I was certainly not unsuspecting I - agree that I was not education in 302 vs 351C vs 351w vs GT40, so i paid 2000 for a car work 1500 to 2500,

Parick Harris

I was certainly not unsuspecting I - agree that I was not education in 302 vs 351C vs 351w vs GT40, so i paid 2000 for a car work 1500 to 2500,

As far as paint goes and the color of the snake I could car less. Seats that look like new clean carpets, no rust. These a tings that are hard to fix and I avoid cars that have been shit in and driven in the snow. A car running poorly because the seller did not have the talent to finish his 351 conversion is another story.

I think the 5.0 intake is on because with a 5.8 intake the hood will not close, as what happened wit the Cobra / R where they had to design a new hood. Any one know if this is the case.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
You've ignored TWICE when it was stated it is impossible to use the 5.0 Cobra intake unless you are using a GT-40 351 (lightning) lower. You have a warmed over 5.0.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sometimes you can't fix stupid... Well, all of the time.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I think the 5.0 intake is on because with a 5.8 intake the hood will not close said:
Physically, the 5.0 and 5.8 uppers are identical. The ONLY difference is the liters on the intake. The extra height of a 5.8 is from the taller deck height due to the additional displacement.

Tom

cobralvr01

Established Member
All i see in this thread is lack of research, back pedaling, ignorance and wishful thinking. The one that took the forehead slap award of the year was the one who was told sn95's came with a 4V 5.0L by someone, took that and brought it on here. :confused:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
All i see in this thread is lack of research, back pedaling, ignorance and wishful thinking. The one that took the forehead slap award of the year was the one who was told sn95's came with a 4V 5.0L by someone, took that and brought it on here. :confused:

Dude... I've own a ton of cars in my lifetime. I forgot the original 5.0 was push rod and the modular 4v was the 4.6 (released the following year in the Lincoln). Most of the tech blends together. It's been two decades since I've had anything to do with them.

I can't control the fact that the guy at the parts counter at my local dealer doesn't know what he's talking about either.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Who forgets that the original 5.0 was a push rod...?
Can't let it die. Too much education going on.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Who forgets that the original 5.0 was a push rod...?
Can't let it die. Too much education going on.

I do/did. My memory sucks. Got T-boned by a drunk driver 2.5 years ago. My neck and back are F'ed and I'm not healthy enough to survive surgery. I live on a daily heavy dose of barbiturates and narcotics to manage the pain. Plus the day I was posting on here about it, I was sick with strep throat.

Now that you have my life sob story... Maybe you will understand what was happening in my head that night.

But hey... Enjoy having fun. I seriously don't mind. I'd be doing the same thing as you guys, if it wasn't me on this end.

Users who are viewing this thread