Help Out A Friend

GA Terminator

Established Member
I have a friend who has a new 06 GT coupe (auto), who has had an annoying rattle/thumping sound coming from the passenger front end. He has taken it back to Ford, they replaced the front strut, no luck, and finally told him they can't find it. Has anyone experience this?? He told me it is most noticable at low speeds as example, when going over a speed bump, there is this rattle thumping sound. Thx for the help.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
GA Terminator said:
I have a friend who has a new 06 GT coupe (auto), who has had an annoying rattle/thumping sound coming from the passenger front end. He has taken it back to Ford, they replaced the front strut, no luck, and finally told him they can't find it. Has anyone experience this?? He told me it is most noticable at low speeds as example, when going over a speed bump, there is this rattle thumping sound. Thx for the help.

Try checking the anti rattle clips on the brake pad..I had the same problem on my 03 cobra !.... hope this helps out !!

nbk13nw

Established Member
Check the torque on the bolts that are on the upper strut mounts. I found that I had the same issues until I tightened them up a bit. It only took a 3/4 turn on each side.

Users who are viewing this thread