Help overheated

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Car overheated today and I don't know why. First the A/C stopped cooling and then the car got hot. Looks like everything is spinning ok but there is thick belt marks on upper idler pulley. Tell me whats wrong other than it hotter than hell outside. Thanks

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Do you have an aftermarket water temp gauge? If so, whats it running at normally.

Do you have a bigger H/E or reservoir?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
In your tune ... are your fans set to turn on early???
They need to be on high by 200(if it were me 190)...

Any recent drain and fills of the cooling system???(air pocket)

Have you been making the skinny pedal get naughty with the carpet????

If you are caught at lights or in heavy traffic with very little air blowing on the front of the car... AND the FANS coming on at the stock settings(WAY LATE)...you will be running very hot(210+ easy)...

If you then chose to rip it because you are "glad to get out of that mess"... you can very easily overwhelm the stock cooling system.... with a pullied car!

It may be time to take a serious look at .....

COOLING MODS!!!!!

This is a FREAKING HOT TOWN!!!!

And these things run hot STOCK!!!

Take it easy till you determine the cause (stay out of the boost)...

Do a little reading on here... about---> COOLING MODS... they work... and they can save you a motor...$$$$$$$

You have met Dave(03 cobra toy)... pullied open tracker... hes running a 2.93... and doesn't overheat even in the Texas heat... 20 minutes at WOT... that's HOT!
Even ran the Texas Mile event... w/ no problems...

Jimmy

Last edited:

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr nice to here from you. I am thinking I may have an airpocket in the line since my coolant might have been much lower than it should have been and between it spewing what was left in the radiator and me adding some back to the system ---air pocket. I also am wondering if my non stock thermo is stuck.

Does anyone know how to burp the system and is it easy ?

My fans are programmed to come on early.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread