Here are some in person pics of the 07' Cobra!

Got N2O

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
I hated that "retro" look and now they're making it "loud" and "in your face" to boot! Cops will have no problem stotting that car with those big stripes screaming at you. What's with the chicken wire grill?

Since your so anti-retro you'd think you'd know the '65 Mustangs had a "chicken wire" grill. Or a wire mesh grill with hexagonal holes in it. I think the look is bad ass. If they keep it around $36k I'll take one (once the dealers finish their "loan-adjustment" gouging that will surely take place). Speaking of retro, 10 spoke shelby wheels and some of you guys don't like them? They are perfect for what the car is supposed to be (I think they look GOOD). The shelby 10 spokes of the '60s were the best wheel they had. Those 5 spoke shelby's on the '69 press car look like shit!

I'm 32 so the first generation mustangs were WAY before my time, but I have owned two of them. Personally I'm all about recapturing that look to the extent that Ford has done it. Any more would be too much, but they have kept some of the heritage of what I feel is the greatest car ever made (minus the '74-81 years maybe ;) )

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
jpetre said:
I love it and I will have one but everytime I look at it this is what I think about.

78cobra2.jpg

tmhutch said:
Your sick. You need help.

Doesn't need help....cause he is right on the money.

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I just hope the internals are up to the task of a good pulley and tune. That plus some sticky tires should put it in the 10's easy.

AzDropTop

Established Member
I hope it ends up looking better in person....

The Saleen blows this car away in looks at least. No contest IMO.

venams03

Established Member
The GT 500 looks are growing on me but I'd agree with the previous post that the SALEEN looks a little bit better at this point but.....

What does the Saleen with supercharger cost at this point versus the GT 500? That would be the bid difference that could possibly sway me back toward the GT500..

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Call or Fax SVT with your recommendations, please

I am starting to see a convergence of opinion on what you guys would like to see to make the new 06/07 Shelby Cobra, LOOK like a Shelby....
1.Side scoop on side (functional-I hope)
2.Scoop on rear quarter panel window
3.Wider lights on rear end.....

PLEASE CALL OR FAX SVT WITH YOUR OPINIONS-IF WE ALL DO SO, WE MAY WELL GET A LITTLE MORE ON THE CAR, THAN IS SHOWN IN CONCEPT....THE SVT PEOPLE ARE VERY COOPERATIVE, AND ARE CAR GUYS....

Users who are viewing this thread