Here is an update on the number produced so far

USV8PWR

Established Member
Interesting, the run rate has increased from 18 to 24 per day, but few additional allocations have come in. The completion date has moved from Feb 28th to Jan 23rd. I have not factored in the discussed plant closings.

How do you know about the run rate increasing and the completion date moving up?

USV8PWR

Established Member
Here is the count as of 8/29:

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
INPLNT COUNT - 550
MEMO COUNT - 0
INTRAN COUNT - 290
DEMO COUNT - 3
STOCK COUNT - 176
UNIT 12 SALES COUNT - 1219
COUNT - 4183

Thanks for the update on this Steve. One number I find interesting is the UNSCHD COUNT #. On July 17 you posted it was 2,294. And on August 1, your reported that number had decreased to 2,095. Now it is down to 1945. Therefore I think this number and it's decline clearly shows that while Ford may have been adding in a few additional allocations and/or there were a few dealers who had not placed their orders yet, as Chris said above, it does appear this run will stall out at approx. 4,500 cars. That unscheduled count number is not increasing or even outrunning the slow pace of production.

Snoopy49

Established Member
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
I may be wrong, but doesn't the above count also includes non allocated orders that may never get built without an allocation.
There are a lot of unscheduled orders that don't have allocations.

WAL

Established Member
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945
I may be wrong, but doesn't the above count also includes non allocated orders that may never get built without an allocation.

Hmmm....now that is an interesting point.

91svtbird

Established Member
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945

The way I understand it is these are orders that have been "accepted (locked) to the plant" but have not been yet scheduled. (most now are 2nd allocation cars)

Orders that may have been put into the computer at the dealers without an allocation would not make it this far and would not show up in the plant count as unscheduled.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
UNSCHD COUNT - 1945

No. Just cars with allocations that have not been built.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Unschd DOES include all of the following:

1: No Allocation
2. Cars that are on Material Hold
3. All other cars that are awaiting scheduling.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
When does the 13 model year end? If theyve had made roughly 4000 cars and we havnt hit 2013 yet then how is it gonna be rare?

They will start building '14s in May, taking orders in march, and stop building 13s in January.

Do that math

drmustang

Banned
They will start building '14s in May, taking orders in march, and stop building 13s in January.

Do that math

Do what math? That statement would make the assumption that we know the exact monthly production going forward. Unfortunately no one knows this. The self appointed experts here have really gotten carried away with themselves with this issue. We will know how many 13s were made when the building is done. All the guessing and prognosticating is sheer conversation and has no real meaning at this point. Common sense and history would indicate that a person willing and able to buy a 60 or 70 thousand dollar Mustang will get one. That is something that you can be pretty damn sure of.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Do what math? That statement would make the assumption that we know the exact monthly production going forward. Unfortunately no one knows this. The self appointed experts here have really gotten carried away with themselves with this issue. We will know how many 13s were made when the building is done. All the guessing and prognosticating is sheer conversation and has no real meaning at this point. Common sense and history would indicate that a person willing and able to buy a 60 or 70 thousand dollar Mustang will get one. That is something that you can be pretty damn sure of.

Blah blah blah. You still have no clue what you are talking about. Can't wait til January so I can prove you wrong for like the. 100th time. You are such a joke and always feel the need to Correct and attack me- yet you don't back any of it up with any facts. It's disturbing how insecure you are.

Where are your facts? Where are your sources? You have none. You speak out of your ass

Do the math about daily production. The info is out there. Not hard to figure out.

Have you bought yours yet? Nope of course not. Because you can't find one at your supposed "deal"

I think i speak doe everyone here, You're a joke. Get over it, and stop ruining this forum.

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
blah blah blah. You still have no clue what you are talking about. Can't wait til january so i can prove you wrong for like the. 100th time. You are such a joke and always feel the need to correct and attack me- yet you don't back any of it up with any facts. It's disturbing how insecure you are.

Where are your facts? Where are your sources? You have none. You speak out of your ass

do the math about daily production. The info is out there. Not hard to figure out.

Have you bought yours yet? Nope of course not. Because you can't find one at your supposed "deal"

i think i speak doe everyone here, you're a joke. Get over it, and stop ruining this forum.

this! + 1000!

drmustang

Banned
Blah blah blah. You still have no clue what you are talking about. Can't wait til January so I can prove you wrong for like the. 100th time. You are such a joke and always feel the need to Correct and attack me- yet you don't back any of it up with any facts. It's disturbing how insecure you are.

Do the math about daily production. The info is out there. Not hard to figure out.

I think i speak doe everyone here, You're a joke. Get over it, and stop ruining this forum.

Wow!

Sounds like this might be a tough day for you.

It is fairly obvious that the point of the post that you have reacted so violently to is that no one here really knows at this time how many of these cars will be produced. Thats OK in the sane world, none of us no it all. I am sorry that this has caused you such distress but there are simply no absolute "facts" going forward.

Hoping that your day gets better my friend.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member

Are you familiar with how manufacturing actually works? (I don't mean this as an insult, I am just asking). There is fixed capacity and product road maps that drive the dates for current model end and new model introduction. Unless Ford decides to invest in additional short term capacity for this model year (assuming they could even do it in time), Chris is exactly right. They will only produce as much as they have orders for (we know that's not the issue) AND what they have capacity for. Since we know what they are building every week based on the contributions of those that talk to the factory, we know the key dates, doesn't the forecast seem reasonably correct to you? Why does it frustrate you or why do you find it so ridiculous that folks are forecasting the rough production totals for this year model? I've been in manufacturing for 25+ years and as a consumer of a SEMI - limited production performance car, I find it very interesting.

Thanks guys for the info...please keep it coming!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread