here she is ready to drop in *408 warning*

Stylin97V6

Established Member
depending when i feel up to it, i might be dropping her in this week or next week. Id really like to clean up my engine bay 1st but im gonna skip on that and just worry about getting it running.

I still need a dozen or so smaller things before i even attempt to start it tho... so im still quite a few weeks out before i get all those.

but here she is ready to drop in..

Picture750.jpg

Picture751.jpg

Picture758.jpg

Picture752.jpg

Picture757.jpg

Picture756.jpg

Got Boost?

Established Member
damn that thing looks good. you should really take the time to clean up the engine bay if that work of art is going it. i did on my car, and its been my favorite thing ive done to it to this point.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
That is so nice. Whats it going into. I agree , clean the engine bay while it's easy to get to it. Don't want to put a freshly showered body into a dirty bed! GL. Send pics when it is done.

Stylin97V6

Established Member
damn that thing looks good. you should really take the time to clean up the engine bay if that work of art is going it. i did on my car, and its been my favorite thing ive done to it to this point.

on the last engine i put in i welded up some holes on the inner fenders and smoothed things out a bit, but only sprayed it with spray paint.

the whole car needs a new paint job so when i can afford that ill be pulling the motor back out, welding in some custom inner fenders ill make and smoothing everything out even more and having the whole engine bay painted along with the car.

this build unfortunetly has taken about 3 years so i just wanna get it running right now.

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
Looks good man. Should make good power. Mine makes 530 @ the tires through a T-56 (408 w/ AFR 205's, and FTI custom cam). Good luck with it man, and keep us updated.

Stylin97V6

Established Member
Looks good man. Should make good power. Mine makes 530 @ the tires through a T-56 (408 w/ AFR 205's, and FTI custom cam). Good luck with it man, and keep us updated.

wow, thats some of the highest #'s ive seen from a N/A 408

stock 205's? hyd or solid roller? what intake?

any pics?

Raupleminze454

TORQUE INC.
Established Member
Dude, spend the extra time now to clean up the engine bay. Trust me I speak from experience. The new engine wont look right next to an engine bay that isnt detailed. Plus once you get it running are you really going to want to pull everything out again?

Stylin97V6

Established Member
Dude, spend the extra time now to clean up the engine bay. Trust me I speak from experience. The new engine wont look right next to an engine bay that isnt detailed. Plus once you get it running are you really going to want to pull everything out again?

the car needs a paint job and i plan on getting the engine in and running, and saving up for that.

when i get enough money for the paint job i plan on pulling the engine back out, making some custom inner fenders and welding them in/smoothing it all out, and having the car/engine bay painted.

Users who are viewing this thread