HEY ! Im new and would like some help on detailing an 04 COBRA (CLIENT'S CAR)

bullet 1

Established Member
:bowdown: First off let me say theses cars are the nicest Mustangs of all time and it is one of my life goals to own an 03 - 04 cobra!

I am only 15 soon to be 16 and will be driving an 02 CD SILVER SVT Focus soon. .............My DADS.I have been detailing cars for about 3 years now with my father and have won some awards with his Porsche. Next weekend I will be detailing an 04 cobra with the COLOR SHIFT PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The main question i am asking is what wax I should use on this paint? I now ZANIO is great stuff, but i cant get that off the self here. So what would you guys say I should use?

Thanks,
Keith:beer:
I may only 15 but I am willing to learn.:rockon:

Juiced-03

Established Member
What products do you have to work with? The only thing I would recommend would be Meguiars NXT Tech Wax if you wont be buying online.

bullet 1

Established Member
All he wants me to do is hand wax the car. I have GOLD CLASS as of right now . He keeps it clean.(most of the time)It has a some coats of wax i have never heard of right now but i will claying the car then waxing by hand.Thats it.........for the outside.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I just used NXT on my DSG and love it. I bet it would make that mystichrome look AWSOME. It seems to excell on darker mettalic colors. And, its very easy to apply and remove. ALmost wipe on/wipe off.

Brad

Banned
Use dawn soap to strip the dealer wax, then clay the whole car down. After that rinse it off, dry it, hit it with some NXT and you've got a pretty good start.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Gold Class is crap in my opinion. Try the NXT if you think GC is good ;-)

bullet 1

Established Member
thanks, i just back from Target and saw the NXT stuff. $$$$$$$$$$ for so little. But i think i'll get it. What ever is left I put on my car and our truck (2003 Super Crew 150).lol

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by NickelbackSVT
thanks, i just back from Target and saw the NXT stuff. $$$$$$$$$$ for so little. But i think i'll get it. What ever is left I put on my car and our truck (2003 Super Crew 150).lol

???? Dude there is enough NXT in that bottle for 20+ cars :??:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by NickelbackSVT

Zaino is about $120 NXT is cheap!:thumbsup:

bullet 1

Established Member
I GUESS THAT I SHOP AT COSTCO TOO MUCH!LOL......its just that i can get a huge bottle of gold class fo 9.99 ! I know its the best but i raley get beautiful cars like this! I use Zaino on our Porsche.

95rcobra

I tried the NXT wax on my Mystichrome Cobra and I was not happy with the results. I have been using Cleakote CMW on the 04 for a while now and it looks great. But today I went to my latest combo on the Mystichrome paint. I stripped off the wax with P21S total auto wash and then got any residue remaining off with 3M IHG. For the final glaze I am using P21S gloss enhancing PC. this stuff works great and makes my paint the wettest I have seen to date using any product on the market. I finished it off with IBIZ wax and the results are incredible. I have tried at least 6 different wax and polish combos on my Mystichrome paint and this last one is the nicest looking one yet. I like Meguiars products in general but only their professional series products. their commercial product lines are not for me.

Later, 95rcobra.

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

akaeric

Established Member
being a owner of a Mystichrome its grat paint it hides dirt well and very easy to touch up with out it showing. Just use a mild soap and a good wax like Mothers or Meguiars no buffing just rag and hand. The car has to be to new to be in to bad of shape. I get good results from a good brush drive thru. Again its a great color and easy to work with.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
I get good results from a good brush drive thru.

I hope you dont mean you take your car through a brush car wash!! :eek: :bash: :eek: :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread