Highest mileage Cobra in exsistance?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Was about to post this.

The rest of the car will turn to a rotting pile before most 2v modulars will.

Not necessarily true, the machine shop I worked at in high school had the police contract and we had 2v's in all the time. Usually it was cams galling or cam keys breaking, which ended up bending a valve or three.

Friend of mine has a 93 Cobra with well over 200k; it was his DD from 93 until mid-late last year.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Wifey's 2000 Explorer AWD (pita) has 188,000 on the clock and only has had a new transmission and alternator put in. Good ole 5.0 still kicking butt.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Guy over on MF with an 01 3.8 just hit 585,000 on the all original longblock(just replaced the original battery/waterpump last month). He should be at 600k next month!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not necessarily true, the machine shop I worked at in high school had the police contract and we had 2v's in all the time. Usually it was cams galling or cam keys breaking, which ended up bending a valve or three.

Friend of mine has a 93 Cobra with well over 200k; it was his DD from 93 until mid-late last year.

I wonder what the city contract for oil changes and maintenance was?
Those are both clearly a lubrication failure and the keys are related to the cams galling.

But then.... you knew that.

Those were clearly not maintained well enough, or that would not happen.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread