Hit a deer this morning...

shelpdoggSVT

Hold my drink bitch.....
Established Member
It was already dead, but it was in the middle of the lane and I had no time to move, so I went directly over it. I thought for sure my front end was gone, but it missed the front bumper completely.

I hear a loud "whack" when I went over it. This bitch was big too......looks like someone had just hit it and there was blood everywhere...another reason why I didn't try to swerve out of the way and the fact there was traffic all around me. I was going about 45 mph too.

I feel bad for whoever was behind me......they got it good. I looked under the truck when it got light out and saw some blood and hair and some chunks that I need to clean off now.

I'm just glad I wasn't the one who hit it when it was crossing the street......that must have done some serious damage!

shelpdoggSVT

Hold my drink bitch.....
Established Member
BoogBlue03 said:
Thank God it wasn't a northern Deer. Deer down here about the size of a german sherperd. :smmon:

Oh no......this was much bigger than a shepard....this had to be well over 100 lbs.....when I saw it in the road, I couldn't believe it. For a split second I thought for sure I was f****d. And I definitely felt when it hit underneath....the entire truck moved about a foot to the right. I'm glad I was able to slow a bit, but wasn't able to avoid it.

I do however, know what you mean about northern deer. Lived in PA for 13 years and my father hit them many times. Good way to ruin a perfectly good car.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
haha yea they do suck, my friend hit one coming out of an enormously long drive way. i watched the whole thing cuz i was right behind him. Funny thing is, it didnt even hesitate. It just went ahead and walked casually right in front of my friends STI, and wham there goes the light and right fender...

BoogBlue03

400/500 club 5ive.4our
Established Member
shelpdoggSVT said:
Oh no......this was much bigger than a shepard....this had to be well over 100 lbs.....when I saw it in the road, I couldn't believe it. For a split second I thought for sure I was f****d. And I definitely felt when it hit underneath....the entire truck moved about a foot to the right. I'm glad I was able to slow a bit, but wasn't able to avoid it.

I do however, know what you mean about northern deer. Lived in PA for 13 years and my father hit them many times. Good way to ruin a perfectly good car.

I was a jersey farmboy, Back in the day. We'd be eatin the sumbitch right now! Road kill vittles....good for a few day's of eatin.:lol1:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Ive had a deer we hit once. We clipped its head and it was gone instantly, and we were about 3 blocks from our house in the woods (30 miles from anything). So we brought it up and cleaned it up and cooked it telling ourselves 'well if its bad, we can just throw it away because we didnt even have to hunt for it'. Either way it turned out ok.

shelpdoggSVT

Hold my drink bitch.....
Established Member
Where did you find a deer around here?

It was actually Mcmullen Booth Road southbound near East Lake Woodlands when you come over the overpass....it was dark and "BAM"...like Emerill....there he was.

I was a jersey farmboy, Back in the day. We'd be eatin the sumbitch right now! Road kill vittles....good for a few day's of eatin.

lol....that's how we tenderize 'em.

Clean it up before the smell sets in.

too late......I know people around me are like..."who's cookin?". Smells like ass too.

junioRace

Established Member
Buddy of mine runs a body shop. He repaired a brand new Chevy SSR a couple years back after the guy hit THREE DEER. Just over $17k in damages.

DarkShadow Drew

Boost Addicted
Established Member
That is some luck to not have any damage. With my luck the dead deer would have totaled my truck.

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
I have to becareful were i'm at,i see them on a daily basis and avoid hitting
them a couple times a week atleast i am in the 4x4 when i see them.

Users who are viewing this thread