Homelink Sun Visor

BBriBro

Established Member
Does anyone know if the Explorer (or any other model visors) will fit the mustang? I would like to replace them and have the built in Homelink. I was thinking another model OEM FORD visor might be a direct replacement and then I wouldn't have to modify mine to install a homelink transmitter.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 2SkrewdCobra
I dont know but I do know that they make homelink rear view auto-dimming mirrors.
Yeah, I've been looking at those, but to get one with all the goodies; homelink, compass, temp, auto dim, map lights, is nearly $400 If I remember right. Most only have a few of those features, but not all. I thought I'd get a compass/temp mirror, for a fraction of the cost of the top of the line model, and then get the homelink visor, it would look factory too, even if I didn't do the mirror.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I do miss the homelink feature that all my other vehicles have/had but on my Cobra, I put the garage door opener up in the net near the rearview mirror. I understand that the 04 cars don't have the net. Boy this decontenting thing that all the manufacturers are doing is really getting ridiculous.

TheGrinch

Established Member
i bought a homelink visor off ebay.. ripped the homelink out and ran some wires, works great only paid $36 for the visors..

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by TheGrinch
i bought a homelink visor off ebay.. ripped the homelink out and ran some wires, works great only paid $36 for the visors..
Why did you have to "run some wires" isn't there power already there, hot all the time, for the lighted mirrors ?

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by TheGrinch
i did not use the visor, i ripped the visor i bought apart and pulled the homelink out.
I gathered that, but you can just tap into the power to the mirror no? I guess thats what you meant by "running wires" the 4 inches or so it took to go from the mirror lights to the homelink. Do you have any pics? That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Users who are viewing this thread