Hood Liner Repair?

cmm3

Established Member
Has anyone tried to repair their Cobra hood liner?

Mine has some ragged places on the front edge and around a couple of the plastic 'pins' that hold it up. I want to try to repair it since it isn't available new anymore. Any suggestions?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Has anyone tried to repair their Cobra hood liner?

Mine has some ragged places on the front edge and around a couple of the plastic 'pins' that hold it up. I want to try to repair it since it isn't available new anymore. Any suggestions?

I've seen people trim them and add a black edging onto them. Usually around the hood vent areas and it looks pretty good. Could always get a new fabric and cover it using upholstery spray glue. This will be much harder and involved to do.

cmm3

Established Member
I'm leaning toward reinforcing the edges, from the back side, just to keep it from deteriorating any further. The idea of putting new fabric on it is interesting.

cmm3

Established Member
Just thinking outloud (so to speak).... There is a business making a reproduce, but you have to glue it to your hood. I wonder if it is possible to find the same "aircraft firewall" material in ~3 mm thickness and glue it over the OEM hood liner backing. Maybe I can peal some of the old fiberglass layer off the foil layer, and lay down a new surface that will retain the original contours. I could sandwich some flat 'COBRA' letters between the layers so the embossing isn't lost in the new layer.

Users who are viewing this thread