hopefully the wait is over today!

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
51 days, faster than i thought, thats for sure. Im supposed to pick up my baby today from the dealer. What should I be paying the most attention to when inspecting this beast?

Zemedici

Established Member
Check the miles, and I would tell them NOT to wash it. They'll have the "detail guys" in the back handwash it. Not good.

Other than that, I would check and make sure the car is as you ordered, and look into getting some new tires, as the factory GYs SUCK from what I've read.

Spudz

Established Member
I've noticed both on my car and another that the paint wasn't done correctly on the rear fender behind the tires. Either the car wasn't cleaned properly before it was painted, or something else went wrong, because there is some bubbling and lumps that you can feel by gliding your hand across the surface. For my car, I only noticed after I did the first wash/wax.

Also check all of the exterior plastic, especially in the grill area. One car I noticed had been hastily waxed before they put it on the showroom floor, and the paste had gotten onto said surface and stained it.

Another thing is make sure the front splitter for the car has been either installed by the dealership or is in the trunk. If you have the car cover, make sure you don't drive off without it. (I almost did this.)

Just a few things I noticed when I bought mine. Good luck! I can't tell you how awesome the drive home from the dealership is :)

Edit: also where you going to pick up yours? I hunted around Florida for a while before I found mine.

Last edited:

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
thanks guys! they sent me a pic from the dealer and it was missing the chin spoiler in the front. i'll check the fluids and paint as well.

5.0 guy

Established Member
My two big things were ripped up rear tires and a bad scratch under my driver side snake? Definitely try to do the search as there was quite a few things that came up. Good luck!!

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I agree on all of these, the big ones for me was:
brake fluid overfill
paint imperfection
chin spoiler installed or in box in trunk (I asked them not to put it on as I knew it would get thrashed going up my driveway)
get ready for the biggest smile of your life when you get past the lock out on the super charger. I remember driving mine home thinking, "I waited 3 months for this, it's not as fast as people said." and then BOOM!

Users who are viewing this thread