Hoping to make around 500 hp w/ only $800 to spend

Spade

Established Member
Dude you list a SCT2400, like what I run, in your sig.

The MAFia is an either or situation with a higher capacity MAF replacement being the other choice at the 500RWHP general range of power.

It is wise to choose one or the other at this level.

:bash: Yeah I thought it read and not or. Thanks

01COBRA2668

Established Member
From my experience, it will be very hard to get to/over 500 RWHP with a stock Eaton. My mods are long and extensive but the short is a 5.0L stroked block (8.5/1 CR), comp stage 2 SC cams, Bassani mid lenghts, O/R x pipe and flowmasters. 3.1 Steeda Pulley and 6LB Metco (14 psi) lower rig and I just broke over 503 RWHP. The stock blower is not effecient at all once up this high. The cheapest way to hit your goal will be Nitrous but you will need one hell of a safe but good tune.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
From my experience, it will be very hard to get to/over 500 RWHP with a stock Eaton. My mods are long and extensive but the short is a 5.0L stroked block (8.5/1 CR), comp stage 2 SC cams, Bassani mid lenghts, O/R x pipe and flowmasters. 3.1 Steeda Pulley and 6LB Metco (14 psi) lower rig and I just broke over 503 RWHP. The stock blower is not effecient at all once up this high. The cheapest way to hit your goal will be Nitrous but you will need one hell of a safe but good tune.

You have a nice mod list but without porting your blower its costing you a lot of power. You would hit much higher numbers of course with a port. To get 500 the less expensive and simpler way would be to do a port as many mentioned.

01COBRA2668

Established Member
You have a nice mod list but without porting your blower its costing you a lot of power. You would hit much higher numbers of course with a port. To get 500 the less expensive and simpler way would be to do a port as many mentioned.

I would port but I've been planning for a KB 2.8 Mammoth and this stocker came up at a killer deal in the meantime so I went with it for now. Good go between from the built NA motor-353 HP to blown-504 HP on its way to over 700 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread