Horn on

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Currently trying to run the old girl plugged the battery and the horn is blasting I pulled the fuse and I can still hear the relay clicking any ideas ? Car has no aftermarket alarm system

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 55

Bullitt1448

Established Member
relay stuck on horn button contacts weld themselfes togeter? rubbed wire somewhere? not likely the relay if it is clicking but still worth a check, quick and easy fix if it is.

Last edited:

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Relay clicking doesn't necessarily mean it's known good, I would replace it because they're not expensive

The first thing that came to my mind is your clockspring, sounds like it's failed and providing constant ground to that circuit. If you're going to go through the trouble of opening it all up you might as well replace it IMO

Also it goes unsaid but please remove the battery from the car for at least 30 min prior to doing this particular surgery

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Relay clicking doesn't necessarily mean it's known good, I would replace it because they're not expensive

The first thing that came to my mind is your clockspring, sounds like it's failed and providing constant ground to that circuit. If you're going to go through the trouble of opening it all up you might as well replace it IMO

Also it goes unsaid but please remove the battery from the car for at least 30 min prior to doing this particular surgery
Hey, I found an avatar for you. LOL. But seriously, that was some very good advice for @Murderedsvt. Hope he get that issue resolved without a lot of hassle and time.
1696767830578.png

Users who are viewing this thread