Hot Rod Mark VIII

MARK C

Established Member
I see this Mark VIII in front of me,his plate reads:BDMKEGT.It did sound good.We are on a roll around 40, I hear him downshift I drop to third and I wait for him to jump I follow, Walk right past him! We hit the next light side bye side.He's cool says my Cobra sounds sweet.I tell him it runs high 12's he says his runs 15's.He says he wants to know what my Cobra will do out of the hole...Who am I to disapoint him Right?? I nail it going sideways though 1'st and grab 2'nd sill going sideways,let off and slow down, he catch's up and has a huge smile on his face,gives me 2 thumb's up! Always fun when they ask for it! lol

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Yeah the Marks are pigs! Most run mid-high 14 and low 15s stock at about 96mph. Some of them are really fast though, the SC ones from Reinhart and LMS. I hope to be as fast possibly by summer :thumbsup: . Wierd thing is, most Mark VIII guys love Cobras, like they wanted to get one but also wanted luxury so they settled for a luxobarge with almost the same motor. I don't mind a little cannibalism to see a sick car in action!!! Sweet Cobra by the way, always wanted one :beer: :rockon: Too bad you don't live closer, I'd give you a run with the NX kit... :thumbsup: :rockon:

Last edited:

Dino S.

Established Member
DOHC32VMark8

14.0 @ 98 seems pretty dang fast for a stock Mark VII... How'd you do that?

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
The chip changed the shift points from slushy to awesome, and i think it leaned out the mix a little, because after i put it in, it ran like a bat out of hell. The 3.73s helped a TON, dropped my 60's and made, up for the lack of low end torque on these motors by getting it into the power band faster. Other than that, it was just the constant practice launching and the right air pressure in the tires, and also lose the sway bar up front, helps with weight transfer. from what i have read, my car seems to be very quick for the few mods i have, i'm thinking i have some sort of factory freak, i will find out when i have it dyno'd. cant wait for the spray....:rockon: :thumbsup: but before i go on the spray, i'm going to try a ported and polished intake and longtube headers+full exhaust (longtubs on the Mark VIII is allegedly 30+hp) to get into the 13s before i go on the spray. a mid-13 second bolt-on N/A Mark VIII is my dream:thumbsup: give some of you Cobra guys a run for you money...lol :beer:

Last edited:

Mako

Established Member
Nice story.

Hey DOHC where did you get your chip from? I have a 94 Mark and that chip sounds as if it is just what my tranny needs to wake it up.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Originally posted by Mako
Nice story.

Hey DOHC where did you get your chip from? I have a 94 Mark and that chip sounds as if it is just what my tranny needs to wake it up.
If you want to buy a chip, my guess would be dennis reinhardt. You can find him through www.markviii.org, also a great resource for Mark owners.

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Originally posted by CalcVictim
If you want to buy a chip, my guess would be dennis reinhardt. You can find him through www.markviii.org, also a great resource for Mark owners.

I got mine from Dennis, and trust me, once you have it in the car is a completely different animal! Being able to chirp second while blowing away a 5.0 will put a smile on your face!:thumbsup: also, Geno at Lincoln Motorsports offers a chip that does pretty much the same thing. :beer:

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Originally posted by 28
Those Mark's are nice though....Good kill...

Yeah, they are the perfect combination of power and luxury, i think, but to tell you the truth....

i've been looking for a black 87 GT with t-tops all of my life.lol. or at least since i have been able to drive. i have never been able to get my hands on one, they are indeed few and far between. How many were actually made??? Do you have any desktop size pics of your car? it would make my day! :thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Here are some pics for ya:

must87pa.jpg

must87pe.jpg

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by DOHC32VMark8
Yeah, they are the perfect combination of power and luxury, i think, but to tell you the truth....

i've been looking for a black 87 GT with t-tops all of my life.lol. or at least since i have been able to drive. i have never been able to get my hands on one, they are indeed few and far between. How many were actually made??? Do you have any desktop size pics of your car? it would make my day! :thumbsup:

Mine's actually an 86...Hope ya like it though....:beer:

big_pic.gif

Users who are viewing this thread